OP
S

strange_reefer13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so jealous of your Mandarin!!!!! My wife wants one so bad and we have been holding off till we can find one that will feed on prepared foods.
Like your new rockscape. How is your flowerpot doing? I have ben eyeing one in my local LFS that is vivid hot pink but pricey. I didn't know if it would well for me. Let me know.

I lucked out on the mandarin. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll find one too. Ive seen people that use live brine shrimp to wean the mandarin in a hang on container in the main tank. Helps them eat around other fish (very shy) and eventually after a week or so you can switch to prepared foods. I love my little guy :smile:

The goniopora has its days, sometimes fully open, other times pulled down. Its a finicky little coral. Actual seems to like a little nutrients in the water. Ive heard good thinks about the red and pink versions especially the ORA ones. I would be cautious about dropping major cash on these guys. Seems to be a system prefrence. One LFS has dozens and they do well, the other cant keep any alive for more than a month. How long has your LFS had it in store?

OP
OP
S

strange_reefer13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been about two weeks since I posted so here is an update.

-The Mandarin is doing fine and readily eating anything that comes out of the turkey baster, in fact, he comes right out whenever he sees it in the water!
-I moved the goniopora to the top 1/4 of the tank and out of flow and wouldn't you know it, he loves it there. Looks very bright and great polyp extension. Also Im going to go pick up a Sunny D paly frag today for some work I did for a buddy from school. (post pictures of both when i get home)

BUT THE BIGGEST UPDATE IS THIS:
I came home yesterday and discovered this on my front porch

-Needless to say I immediately called the gf to gush and tell her how awesome she is :xd:
Guess she figured after two DIY attempts (one almost resulting in electrocution) it was best left to the professionals lol.

This is this morning after a full 12 hours of skimming...yuck

OP
OP
S

strange_reefer13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Sunny D's :smile:
Top of sunny d paly.jpg
12.jpg

And a tag along... anyone with an id???
tag along on paly.jpg
Paly tag along.jpg

sorry for the pic quality

OP
OP
S

strange_reefer13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New protein skimmer

So its been about two weeks since I posted so here is an update.

-The Mandarin is doing fine and readily eating anything that comes out of the turkey baster, in fact, he comes right out whenever he sees it in the water!
-I moved the goniopora to the top 1/4 of the tank and out of flow and wouldn't you know it, he loves it there. Looks very bright and great polyp extension. Also Im going to go pick up a Sunny D paly frag today for some work I did for a buddy from school. (post pictures of both when i get home)

BUT THE BIGGEST UPDATE IS THIS:
I came home yesterday and discovered this on my front porch

-Needless to say I immediately called the gf to gush and tell her how awesome she is :xd:
Guess she figured after two DIY attempts (one almost resulting in electrocution) it was best left to the professionals lol.

This is this morning after a full 12 hours of skimming...yuck

This was the package
Skimmer box.jpg

Back