New to the forum

justrock79

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2022
Messages
91
Reaction score
92
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys & gals,

I'm brand new here to this forum. I've had fish tanks off and on in the past, mostly brackish but am exploring reef tanks now.
I have a question tho: I have this light which is working well for my corals,

NICREW Saltwater Aquarium Light, Marine LED Fish Tank Light for Coral Reef Tanks,​

But is it ok for anemones?​

 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I looked at the reviews on Amazon and there are pictures of people with anemones on there tank using that light. However I don't know how successful they are long term from a picture.

Ideally you could rent a par meter and test the light output. See if you can get it in the ranges that anemones look for which is somewhere around 220 par.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new