parkerb20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new tank in the next few months and I have decided on the Waterbox X60.2. For ones who don't know this is a 40 Gallon Reef Cube with a 20 Gallon sump in the bottom of the stand.

I am in college so I am on as much as a "budget" as is can be. At the same time I don't want to skimp out on lights or pumps or anything like that and regret it in a year when I want to start keeping harder corals that have more specific needs. I want lights that can "easily" support growing SPS corals and calms in my tank. I want a skimmer that will be able to hold up to feedings during the week because I love watching corals eat and I love watching fast growth.

I know this isn't the best hobby to be in on a "budget" but I do have a good chunk of money saved up for this specific reason.

If you have any ideas please let me know!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hold off on the skimmer until your nutrients start to rise and invest in good flow and lights. AI prime is a good less expensive light option you may want to look at.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back