New Waterbox X60.2

parkerb20

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
12
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new tank in the next few months and I have decided on the Waterbox X60.2. For ones who don't know this is a 40 Gallon Reef Cube with a 20 Gallon sump in the bottom of the stand.

I am in college so I am on as much as a "budget" as is can be. At the same time I don't want to skimp out on lights or pumps or anything like that and regret it in a year when I want to start keeping harder corals that have more specific needs. I want lights that can "easily" support growing SPS corals and calms in my tank. I want a skimmer that will be able to hold up to feedings during the week because I love watching corals eat and I love watching fast growth.

I know this isn't the best hobby to be in on a "budget" but I do have a good chunk of money saved up for this specific reason.

If you have any ideas please let me know!
 
I would hold off on the skimmer until your nutrients start to rise and invest in good flow and lights. AI prime is a good less expensive light option you may want to look at.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new