New ways to contact Dr. reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Salmaston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve sent several emails, since we spoke Jan 7th, and haven’t received a response. I see you may be having some difficulties. Can you check on :

20QF1581​

Order Placed Nov 6th.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve sent several emails, since we spoke Jan 7th, and haven’t received a response. I see you may be having some difficulties. Can you check on :

20QF1581​

Order Placed Nov 6th.
I am so sorry for the delay and not sure why i didnt get any emails. I have a team now that has been helping with emails. Anyways i found your order and will ship it within 7-10 days.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Any chance of an ETA for Order #20QF2311? I know its probably at least few weeks out? Thanks.
Hi
Yes about 2 weeks out as Picasso clowns came in 2 weeks ago. Rest are ready to ship

ericad289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have an order 20QF207 in qt now. I was wondering if you have an extra foxface in stock that might be complete with qt around same time my order is ready to ship? If so I would really like to add one.

ericad289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have an order (20QF207) in qt now. I was wondering if you have an extra foxface in stock that might be complete with qt around same time my order is ready to ship? If so I would really like to add one.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Dr. Reef

I have an order placed back on December 7th that will hopefully be ready soon, do you allow pickup? I'm north of Dallas but may be interested in taking a road trip instead of shipping.

Thanks

Well me start with by and far the worse customer experience I’ve even seen. I never got one update on my order until posting in this thread to another member it was 98 days and no response.

Placed an order on December 7th for the following quarantined fish.

Order: 20QF1748​

��
ProductQuantityPrice
Naso Blonde Tang - Quarantined1$189.99
Gem Tang - Quarantined1$499.99
Orchid Dottyback - Quarantined2$139.98
Midas Blenny - Quarantined1$89.99
Subtotal:$919.95

They call me twice yesterday and left no voicemail and sent the fish anyways for arrival today without ever confirming with me. I tried calling them 3 times yesterday and get a voicemail that they are unavailable due to health issues.

Fish just arrived and missing the Naso and blenny, on top of the they send a blemished gem tang. Never once said they were shipping a partial order, for the two times you called me could have left a voicemail.

Water arrived at 1.20 at 70.4 degrees

No where does it state they are selling blemished fish. I’m waiting for a response to get my money back on the Naso, Blenny, and how they want the gem tang back.

Stay away from this train wreck until they decide they actually want to run a business and not a part time job

C0B61570-5A06-4ABB-8AC2-0AE37C4A6CCF.jpeg 673EA752-EE56-4B84-ABED-BDE8769EB57E.jpeg FA870FEC-5553-40D8-B87F-A41661601613.jpeg

Last edited:

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well me start with by and far the worse customer experience I’ve even seen. I never got one update on my order until posting in this thread to another member it was 98 days and no response.

Placed an order on December 7th for the following quarantined fish.

Order: 20QF1748​

��
ProductQuantityPrice
Naso Blonde Tang - Quarantined1$189.99
Gem Tang - Quarantined1$499.99
Orchid Dottyback - Quarantined2$139.98
Midas Blenny - Quarantined1$89.99
Subtotal:$919.95

They call me twice yesterday and left no voicemail and sent the fish anyways for arrival today without ever confirming with me. I tried calling them 3 times yesterday and get a voicemail that they are unavailable due to health issues.

Fish just arrived and missing the Naso and blenny, on top of the they send a blemished gem tang. Never once said they were shipping a partial order, for the two times you called me could have left a voicemail.

Water arrived at 1.20 at 70.4 degrees

No where does it state they are selling blemished fish. I’m waiting for a response to get my money back on the Naso, Blenny, and how they want the gem tang back.

Stay away from this train wreck until they decide they actually want to run a business and not a part time job

C0B61570-5A06-4ABB-8AC2-0AE37C4A6CCF.jpeg 673EA752-EE56-4B84-ABED-BDE8769EB57E.jpeg FA870FEC-5553-40D8-B87F-A41661601613.jpeg
Update- gem didn’t make it through the night and here you can clearly see the blemish as well

EF7040E8-A4E4-43BB-9BB3-2B74AC06FED4.jpeg

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Dr. Reef I want to buy a six line wrasse and a yellow watchman goby quarantined from you. Can I order them from you now and have you hold them for a little until I can receive them ?

redfishreef96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Mike is having health issues...that is what he told me on phone, Friday before shipping out my order for a Saturday delivery. I got the call out of the blue, thing was that fish were supposed to ship out the week prior to arrive on a Thursday. Communication has been an issue throughout process, especially with shipment dates. I was given a week timeframe for my order to ship after original confirmed shipment date was missed.

I ordered 3 yellow tangs and a Scopas. Only 3 yellow tangs were shipped. The 3 fish I ordered arrived alive in 1.020 water. I was surprised at salinity since the website states, "All Fish are shipped at 1.023-24 range". Went through lengthy drip acclimation...the yellow tangs have done well since. Fish have had good appetite, clear eyes and healthy skin. I emailed about missing Scopas, someone other than Mike responded that, "Mike Dr. Reef has some medical issues that need a few days off and will respond back this coming week."

Its always something with fish dealers...thought I would give a try, hard imagining I will be in the future. I hope Mike has a speedy recovery.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope Mike is alright, healing, and can get back to normal because I'm about ready to place a very large order for my new 250g peninsula. Mike and I talked a couple months back about this order and I put my list together then.

narkicu187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the talks of flukes, unfulfilled orders, lack of communication has me 2nd guessing ordering from here. I currently have an order in and have been told a couple times 'shipments going out next week'. Pending response to my email. Just now sure I am willing to pay my invoice and complete my order when that time comes (if it ever does). Disheartening to say the least coming from (what was supposed to be) a valid and reputable merchant.

SunsetReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When are you going to start calling some of the people who's orders were botched. I know about the "health issues" but now were sitting in the dark. I have 2 missing fish, a dead fish, incorrect fish and massive loss on the CUC from my order. Order #20QF2059 call me!

kbnh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 4 fish (all of which were “in stock”) and snails and hermits on February 1, I still haven’t received anything, sent an email the week before regarding an update and was told they would ship in a week or so (now I’m hoping I’ll get them at the latest next week), if he does have an illness I hope he gets better soon, but at the same time I could’ve purchased all these fish from my LFS for cheaper and treated them myself and been done with stocking my tank by now, if a fish is not in stock then change the status online for your customers or post something online about potential delays, not just leave the customers hanging, I understand illness or life can affect a small business but leaving customers guessing isn’t helpful

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am back in and will resume shipping this coming week. Sorry i had to take a few days off due to personal health issues. Invoices for coming week will be sent out this weekend. and start shipping Monday onwards.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back