OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have attached pic of my setup, one before lights turn on, you will notice I have built a black pelmet that fits on top in matching black to the doors. It's only cheap angle plastic and only covers 3 edges, the rear I left free. I think it smartens the display without showing the glass above the water level which never stays clean.

Attachments

• 20210806_075237.jpg
    20210806_075237.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210805_135553.jpg
    20210805_135553.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 28

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Red Sea but find the colour chart a bit hit and miss. My LFS has the digital machine from API Aqua Spin which measures 8 parameters in 2 mins.. Alk, Cal, Mag, PH, Ammo, Trite, Trate and Phos to within 0.1 accuracy. Only prob they charge 5.99 per test... I am in the Stoke on Trent area. The attached is my result for today after 11 weeks
The aqua spin is supposed to be good. But expensive for the hobbyist to buy. I don’t usually test my nitrates now. Your parameters are getting into good areas. Stoke not far from me. Which lfs do you use?

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have attached pic of my setup, one before lights turn on, you will notice I have built a black pelmet that fits on top in matching black to the doors. It's only cheap angle plastic and only covers 3 edges, the rear I left free. I think it smartens the display without showing the glass above the water level which never stays clean.
Looks good, are you putting frags on rocks you,ve glued to the over flow?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just joined the forum, I live in the UK. I have a Red Sea 300ltr XL reefer setup which has been cycling for 10 weeks. My ammonia dud drop to zero after 6 weeks bur my nitrite hovers around 0.2. Nonetheless I introduced a pair of percula Clowns, I have since introduced the following over the past 4 weeks, in this oder, CB, Bicolor, LM Blenny, Koi Dwarf Parrot, Regal Angel, Fixface, a Shedf full of corals too many to mention and 4 shrimps (2 are cleaners). All fish getting on with each other without aggression, I must be very lucky to get away with it. This weekend will prob by my final addition, the YellowTang. Prob next month consider a dosing pump. Absolutely thrilled, still nitrite being stubborn and just won't go to zero, I guess the tank is busy coping with the bio load as ammonia stays between zero and 0.1. My question is ref the BTA. I want my 2 Clowns to host but concerned there is little real estate left on my aquascape. Do the BTA destroy corals if they crawled over them or do the crawl around existing corals.
Welcome

With little real estate left in your tank, you might consider another tank for the BTA. BTAs do not stay in place, and they will kill your corals. Also possible for coral to kill anemones including BTAs.

While we have multiple anemones hosting multiple clowns, we are giving our BTAs away this week. They may stay in one place for months or longer, but then when they decide to roam, there must be a reef law that says go to your favorite and/or most expensive coral and kill it. We gave the anemone's 1/3 of our tank and cut back from 13 to 4, but now those last 4 must leave us because they just aren't compatible with our corals.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • None.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back