andymac1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

I hope I can get some help, I am completely new to reef keeping after keeping fresh water for quite a while. I now have had my nano reef set up for around 6 months and started 1 month ago adding my 1st soft corals (some mushrooms, Xenia and GSP). My mushrooms where doing really well and I can visibly see great growth in the month they have been in the tank. Earlier this week I added a wall hammer, the 1st of my LPS and since adding it I have noticed my green mushroom that was doing really well start to retract and shrivel. It is no where near the hammer and the sweeper from the hammer can't reach it. Could this be chemical warefare?

I don't have my paramaters to hand just now as I am in work but since adding the LPS I have been checking daily and all are in an acceptable range.

On a side note, my 2 clowns hang out at the back of the tank and I was wondering is there any tips to encourage them to move more towards the front of the tank? They are always stuck behind the rock work and mostly out of view.

OP
OP
A

andymac1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably best to post some images when you have a chance. And while you say your water parameters are fine, it never hurts to have a second set of eyes.
Thanks Blaxum, I will get some images when I am home and stick my paramaters up. Might be tomorrow as its a very busy day ahead today.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back