CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to another Florida Reefer!
Think of it like a cruise ship... a big tank takes a long time to get off course. Nano tanks are like speedboats.
Get wet, enjoy the cruise!
r and r vacation GIF by Hallmark Channel

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! The three questions I'd focus on are does the tank fit, is the floor strong enough to support it (water is heavier than you think), and have you seen it in person and are confident you can easily reach all areas of the tank safely. If you are interested in a big tank, it is cheaper in the long run to buy big once vice buying small and then upgrading multiple times. However, big tanks not only cost more initially, but also cost more to maintain and poses larger risks if there are tank failures. But if you can do it well, a tank that size should look fantastic.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to Reef2Reef!

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

OP
OP
mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Thanks for the resources! I already watched the entire BRS 5 minute guide (and made my husband watch it ). But I will definitely read through the other resources this week.

OP
OP
mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! The three questions I'd focus on are does the tank fit, is the floor strong enough to support it (water is heavier than you think), and have you seen it in person and are confident you can easily reach all areas of the tank safely. If you are interested in a big tank, it is cheaper in the long run to buy big once vice buying small and then upgrading multiple times. However, big tanks not only cost more initially, but also cost more to maintain and poses larger risks if there are tank failures. But if you can do it well, a tank that size should look fantastic.
Thanks for the perspective. The tank will definitely fit in the spot we want it with plenty of space on all 3 sides. It will go on our first floor and since we’re in Florida (no basements) it will be directly on the concrete slab. I have actually not seen the 180 in person (our LFS only has the 130 in stock). I’m pretty short, so I’m assuming I will need the step stool to clean in the tank it regardless of the tank size . I know it is a significant cost upfront and for maintenance, but I would really rather just get what we really want know, rather than upgrading everything a year or 2 down the road

Back