newer than new, greener than green

spbowe1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am very new to the saltwater aquarium hobby. My wife and I have only been at this for 4 months! Had freshwater tanks in the past, but always wanted a marine reef tank. There is so many things to learn and read, and am feeling overwhelmed. Come to think of it, this is actually the first forum I have ever joined as well.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am very new to the saltwater aquarium hobby. My wife and I have only been at this for 4 months! Had freshwater tanks in the past, but always wanted a marine reef tank. There is so many things to learn and read, and am feeling overwhelmed. Come to think of it, this is actually the first forum I have ever joined as well.

Welcome to R2R. Lots of good information here!

Tell us more:

1. What has you feeling overwhelmed?

2. What kind of tank?
- Size
- Lighting
- Stock.

People here will help get you centered. No point in having one of it is going to stress and overwhelm you! LOL

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember that feeling of being swarmed. You soon realize that the hobby is like a small puzzle... it looks random but the big picture all comes together. Once you start figuring a few little things out it comes full circle!
If you need anything just give a shout! We’re all here to help

OP
OP
spbowe1

spbowe1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of good information here!

Tell us more:

1. What has you feeling overwhelmed?

2. What kind of tank?
- Size
- Lighting
- Stock.

People here will help get you centered. No point in having one of it is going to stress and overwhelm you! LOL
Currently I have a 55g with a coralife seascape LED. Stock I have a purple firefish, royal gramma, diamond watchmen goby, and a bonded pair of clownfish. Also I have 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 emerald crabs, 2 nerite snails, and 2 trochus snails.
What has me overwhelmed is that there is so much information, and if I go to the internet, it seems most is opinion. For everything I read, I can find something that counters. Also I am now encountering issues with the tank. Just a lot to take in and learn. I love it all so far, am enjoying it. I can sit and just watch the aquarium for hours!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a 55g with a coralife seascape LED. Stock I have a purple firefish, royal gramma, diamond watchmen goby, and a bonded pair of clownfish. Also I have 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 emerald crabs, 2 nerite snails, and 2 trochus snails.
What has me overwhelmed is that there is so much information, and if I go to the internet, it seems most is opinion. For everything I read, I can find something that counters. Also I am now encountering issues with the tank. Just a lot to take in and learn. I love it all so far, am enjoying it. I can sit and just watch the aquarium for hours!

What issues?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back