Nick's 360 Gallons Reef Tank with Angels

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, your rock work gives me a ton of ideas for my 168g rimless tank. I have rock in currently from my initial set up but do not like my current layout. Thanks for sharing, really good looking tank!!!

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1497D736-E366-4F38-99C4-6FCB12FB83B5.gif

bsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t going to look. Figured another large tank build. Beautifully done. Amazing tank/pictures/video. And yes you could use a larger calcium reactor. Can you tell us a little more about the tank? Is that 3/4” glass?

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very nice dimension for all sort of neat aquascape.
To me, it's not having the biggest tank in the hobby. It's having what you can handle and what you do with it. I very much prefer to work with a square than a rectangular box in terms of aquascape. Flow and lighting is also more feasible with a square.

I found your videos on YouTube a while back and I'm super excited to see you've created a build thread here. While my tank isn't as large (125g 48x30x20), I plan to keep a very similar tank from the corals, the fish and even equipment.

Last edited:

luis carreiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't want to be too forward but I would love to see your tank when its convenient for you. I live in Upton, MA near Hopkinton. Trying to learn and see as much as I can before I build.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was quite surprised as well. Admittedly, I thought two MP60 would do. But when I got the units in hand and try to place them, I notice there's a big problem with the tank set up with the MP60s. The overflow box is too wide forcing me to place the MP60 way too close to the side glass. The flow I got was unsatisfactory. I order two 6255s to replaced them and was shocked that the LPS at the other end of the tank were almost peeling off due to the strong flow. I backed it off to about 30-40% and they seems to push plenty of flow. I think these pumps would handle a 8' tank no problem.
I had holes drilled on the eurobraced on the other end just in case I need to return some flow on that side but ended up not needing it.
My return is a Vextra L1 running at 50%.

Really amazing, I love to watch your fishes swimming like in the ocean! Wow! All your water movement is provided by 2 Tunze 6255? Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a very good friend in Hopkinton. It's about an hour drive. PM me and we'll work something out.

don't want to be too forward but I would love to see your tank when its convenient for you. I live in Upton, MA near Hopkinton. Trying to learn and see as much as I can before I build.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I can give you when you're doing your aquascape is to sketch it out first. And follow it in the process. You can have images in your head all you want but when you're looking down into the tank and placing those rocks, who images will be just a blur.
Also, stay off the glass! It's great for the flow to continue without obstruction and makes it much easier to clean. Don't cramp all the rocks you have in the tank. You don't have to. Place all the extra rocks in the sump or refugium if you need the extra filtration. An open aquascape will allow the fish to swim more freely and be less aggressive toward each other.

Great looking tank, your rock work gives me a ton of ideas for my 168g rimless tank. I have rock in currently from my initial set up but do not like my current layout. Thanks for sharing, really good looking tank!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is made by Miracle. 72"x48"x24" with 3/4" glass. I believe the external overflow is 40" with 3 drains. Pretty happy with the quality but I did ran into some issue with the first tank they sent me. Long story short, they had to send me another tank and haul the first one away.
My previous tank was an Elos 160XL. Nothing can much the build quality of the Elos. However, service is non-existent and I can't have something this big and not have the service to back it up.

I wasn’t going to look. Figured another large tank build. Beautifully done. Amazing tank/pictures/video. And yes you could use a larger calcium reactor. Can you tell us a little more about the tank? Is that 3/4” glass?

mpsteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick show them how you finished the entire basement for this tank. Nicks build thread on our local reef club forum is just amazing

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will sort through the detail and post them later tonight. I didn't want to bore everyone with the process.

Nick show them how you finished the entire basement for this tank. Nicks build thread on our local reef club forum is just amazing

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back