Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gorgeous colonies!

Thanks!

Is this the one you call Blue Cardinal on your list? I should have grabbed that one too.

No that's my ultra shortcake....the Blue Cardinal has aquamarine to light blue branches and darker blue/purple tips with red coralites and polyps...........it's a no name I got in a trade.

This piece is sweet bige. What’s your guess on species, microlados?

No not microclados.......this one has more tubular branches. It has some deeper red to it than some of the other Aussie morphs I've had in the past. The microclados have different coralite structure.

Number 6 would get called snow white hahaha

I like it .....its an Aussie Horrida.......one of my favorite pieces but a bear to keep alive and colorful.

Those are beautiful acropora, what is the 4th one called ? The white with red tips . Can they be purchased?

Ultra shortcake, yes I do sell frags.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple years back I decided to add few no name acros to the tank to add a bit of diversity and corals that would surprise me as they grow. So far they didnt disappoint.

20191208_184237.jpg

A green fuzzy polyps with purplish tips acro I got from an aussie shipment.
20191208_184735.jpg

Another no name acro I got from an aussie shipment. Looks like a hyacinthus
20191208_184221.jpg

Not really a no name coral but got this from an aussie shipment, blue berry. was a wild piece and grew and colored up quite fast in tank.

20191208_184618.jpg

got this from a shipment from Malaysia, believe it's a horrida
20191208_184507.jpg

Nicest looking no name accro I have. came in from an aussie shipment, believe its'some tenuis.

20191208_184412.jpg

Blue accro that came from an indo shipment years back

20191208_184958.jpg

a smooth skin lokani like acro I got from an aussie shipment

20191208_184944.jpg

sarmentosa that also came from an aussie shipment
20191208_184631.jpg
and a baby blue stag that came in an indo shipment years back .

Last edited:

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Here it is during my peak daylight period, about 16k. It's a nice no name piece that came from a random 10 frags for 100 deal, I don't remember what place though, maybe your reef?
IMG_20191208_115410.jpg

OP
OP
Graffiti Spot

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this thread has turned out really great! Thank you to everyone who has posted! There are a ton of really cool pieces here. Defiantly proof you don’t have to buy high end to get nice looking acropora. Now I just have to figure out my You tube account or break out the cannon, been very lazy recently and things just started coming around recently.

Mauourn C, I like how you know where each came from and love those blue stags from indo, I wish Aussie would supply more of these.

Keep the pics coming everyone!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this thread has turned out really great! Thank you to everyone who has posted! There are a ton of really cool pieces here. Defiantly proof you don’t have to buy high end to get nice looking acropora. Now I just have to figure out my You tube account or break out the cannon, been very lazy recently and things just started coming around recently.

Mauourn C, I like how you know where each came from and love those blue stags from indo, I wish Aussie would supply more of these.

Keep the pics coming everyone!
High end corals originated from wild corals that were kept in optimal.consitions for.some.time.to bring out the nicest colors and stabilized those colors after some time. I saw many wild colonies that looked the same as many high end acros.
I'm in the lfs whenever they get a shipment so its easy to tell which coral came from where, they also separate the different shipments in different systems which makes it easy :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love these!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%

Back