No PE

Daniel Z0112

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3A70A20C-3A46-4B86-843B-A21C3DF7D526.jpeg A6C4FFCE-2084-45FB-A3C4-ED6B1834CCB9.jpeg 9F111188-4BB6-49D3-9EAC-94C72E0643C5.jpeg FF23E5CB-C54A-481D-8980-C2179E92D699.jpeg I’m heading Had these frags for 2 weeks. Not looking so great
20 gallon no sump
Lighting- Kessil160 70% + AI prime AB+
Alk - mid 6

I use 1/2 tsp per gallon Kalk in my RODI ATO reservoir. I mixed a 1 tsp per gallon bucket. I want to raise my alk a bit.
My questions is: Does this look like a problem caused by low alk or something else is wrong?
 
Where is N03/P04 at? Looks like more of lighting issue or a mixture of things, imo. As long as Alk is stable it's not a major factor. You just want nutrients, and lighting to be in-tune with your alkalinity. How old is the tank?
 
I often wonder the same thing about PE. I have some great looking sticks and they are growing quite well, just no PE.

Even my green slimer who use to be a hairy beast has since lost PE after moving off the frag rack. It's colored up nicely, and grows like a weed, just no PE.

And I do know PE doesn't always mean healthy corals, I'm just trying to figure out why. My lights and nutrients are in perfect order(ATI 6 bulb T5, NO3 -4, PO4 - .04 to .02) so I know thats not an issue, and flow is plenty(2 mp10's, 2 pp8's and a gyre in an 80 cube).
 
Where is N03/P04 at? Looks like more of lighting issue or a mixture of things, imo. As long as Alk is stable it's not a major factor. You just want nutrients, and lighting to be in-tune with your alkalinity. How old is the tank?
I only have API test kits. I can’t really have the exact values.
Po4-close to 0
NO3-closer to 5

Tank is 6 month old. Montis are growing well too.

For flow I have 2 hydro 565 gph aiming at each other with a hydro controller that alternate the pump every 5 seconds.
Should I not use the controller and let the pump be on all the time?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new