Non neptune ph probe with apex

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a 2016 apex model and was wondering if I could take the ph probe from my Milwaukee ph control unit that I currently have controlling my calc reactor and plug it into the apex recalibrate it and allow my apex to control my calc reactor? Or do u need to use a neptune specific probe?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't the new 2016 model come with the Ph probe? If yours didn't I would wonder about that

OP
OP
Feltman

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't the new 2016 model come with the Ph probe? If yours didn't I would wonder about that
Yes and I'm using this for the tank. I was hoping to use a second ph probe in the ph/orp spot since I don't see the advantage of orp

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok but you can't put a ph probe into a orp slot even though it looks the same. Also if you put the milwaukee in it will give you different readings from what I ipunderstand

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok but you can't put a ph probe into a orp slot even though it looks the same. Also if you put the milwaukee in it will give you different readings from what I ipunderstand

IIRC, the Apex comes with a pH port and a pH/ORP port that can be set to operate as pH or ORP.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I didn't know that but I would think about putting the Milwaukee one in but hey just ask Neptune support

OP
OP
Feltman

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had time to experiment myself... I'm hoping to next week.. but j was surprised on how little information I could get on it outside of contacting neptune.... figured for sure this couldn't be that abnormal...

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use two pH probes with my Apex classic. The original probe was getting old, so I moved it to the second port and added a BRS pH probe in place of the old one. Calibrated both probes (the old one is still showing a lower reading) and they're working just fine (minus the lower reading). The old probe reads .07 lower on average.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use two pH probes with my Apex classic. The original probe was getting old, so I moved it to the second port and added a BRS pH probe in place of the old one. Calibrated both probes (the old one is still showing a lower reading) and they're working just fine (minus the lower reading). The old probe reads .07 lower on average.
My understanding is that as long as you calibrate the non-Neptune probe with the apex, you should be fine. #apexusers

Back