Non neptune ph probe with apex

  • Thread starter Thread starter Feltman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Feltman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
259
Reaction score
74
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a 2016 apex model and was wondering if I could take the ph probe from my Milwaukee ph control unit that I currently have controlling my calc reactor and plug it into the apex recalibrate it and allow my apex to control my calc reactor? Or do u need to use a neptune specific probe?
 
Doesn't the new 2016 model come with the Ph probe? If yours didn't I would wonder about that
 
Doesn't the new 2016 model come with the Ph probe? If yours didn't I would wonder about that
Yes and I'm using this for the tank. I was hoping to use a second ph probe in the ph/orp spot since I don't see the advantage of orp
 
Ok but you can't put a ph probe into a orp slot even though it looks the same. Also if you put the milwaukee in it will give you different readings from what I ipunderstand
 
Ok but you can't put a ph probe into a orp slot even though it looks the same. Also if you put the milwaukee in it will give you different readings from what I ipunderstand

IIRC, the Apex comes with a pH port and a pH/ORP port that can be set to operate as pH or ORP.
 
Oh I didn't know that but I would think about putting the Milwaukee one in but hey just ask Neptune support
 
I have not had time to experiment myself... I'm hoping to next week.. but j was surprised on how little information I could get on it outside of contacting neptune.... figured for sure this couldn't be that abnormal...
 
I use two pH probes with my Apex classic. The original probe was getting old, so I moved it to the second port and added a BRS pH probe in place of the old one. Calibrated both probes (the old one is still showing a lower reading) and they're working just fine (minus the lower reading). The old probe reads .07 lower on average.
 
I use two pH probes with my Apex classic. The original probe was getting old, so I moved it to the second port and added a BRS pH probe in place of the old one. Calibrated both probes (the old one is still showing a lower reading) and they're working just fine (minus the lower reading). The old probe reads .07 lower on average.
My understanding is that as long as you calibrate the non-Neptune probe with the apex, you should be fine. #apexusers
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new