Noob here

NoobSalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I’m a new salt water tank owner. Well, first ever tank. I’ve watched this group before joining and your knowledge is amazing! Long story short, my bleeding heart wife has a piece of living coral and live mollusk wash up at her feet and over $1000 later, here we are. Our tank is 30 gallons, contains 2 emerald crabs, 5 hermits, a piece of coral, an anemone, and a clown fish. All of which are thriving! At least by appearances. Molly and two snails didn’t make it and have been recycled as part of the circle of life. We’d like to get some more fish, but we’re at a standstill on what fish will go well with everything else. Any and all tips/suggestions are welcome!

IMG_8319.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like clown fish in pairs so I would suggest another clown. Important to add one a bit larger or smaller than the one you have. That would leave room for an additional three small fish. I would also add more rock with caves for them to hide and sleep.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello- and welcome to R2R! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: You are in for a wild ride with learning, frustration and hopefully success as well. Ask whatever you need! The community has got you covered.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
N

NoobSalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome to R2R! I did a lot of research to see which fish would be compatible. I do have several tangs which get along fine
Thank you! We were looking at tangs, damselfish, and butterflyfish. From what I’ve read, all are coral safe and get along with clown fish. Saltwater fish are so beautiful!

OP
OP
N

NoobSalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to our little piece of the reef. Can you tell us about your tank? what tank and filtration do you have? what lighting?
Also, please point out the coral and mollusk in your pic?

Welcome!!!
f127426c616cd57d67c79dfda815c596.gif
My tank is a 30 gallon Aqueon. The filtration is a QuietFlow40 filter system with waterfall (which I’d love to change). LED lights are Aqueon optibright. The coral is in the front left, it has seaweed on it. The pink is from fake coral we purchased. We have a living rock in the back right where our anemone resides. Molly didn’t make, unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_8322.png
    IMG_8322.png
    1 MB · Views: 27
OP
OP
N

NoobSalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like clown fish in pairs so I would suggest another clown. Important to add one a bit larger or smaller than the one you have. That would leave room for an additional three small fish. I would also add more rock with caves for them to hide and sleep.
If I had to do it all over again, I would’ve gotten 2. Beings that our tank was new, as were we, I was unsure.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had to do it all over again, I would’ve gotten 2. Beings that our tank was new, as were we, I was unsure.
It is never to late, just remember that the size difference is important.

Back