NooPsyche Led lighting

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for feedback on NooPsyche lighting.
Seems like a-lot of people are recommending the light over other black box leds.
I am about ready to purchase a new light for a 40 breeder and have been considering the K7 pro.
I submitted a question on their website, from the contact us link last Friday and have yet to receive a response. So looked for a phone number but not finding one.
Next I checked the forum and most people are posting issues. Not gonna lie, that was a bit of a turn off.
I went down the led light rabbit hole when I first switched my 210 from MH to LED, I’d really rather not do that again.
At the time, people were raving about the smatfarm light fixture, IMO, that fixture had the worst color spectrum out of all the black box leds, I tried. Tried several.
Appreciate any feedback on Noop.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 18 of the K7 over my 1100. I have had them fro a few months and so far I am very happy with the purchase. I have had No issues and the color is adjustable so you get what you like. I cant really speak about longevity just because I have not owned them long enough. But for the price I don't think you can beat them. I would go with 2 over a 40 breeder.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 6 of the K7 V3 on my 125 for a little over a year and for the price I really like them. I saw a light review that showed the spectrum was essentially the same as an older generation of radions, which was what sold me on them.

Mine are the older version without app control though.

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a K7 mini that i ordered a month ago and it has not arrived yet. i tried to figure out y its taking so long bc i paid for priority shipping and so far customer service has been terrible. I cant speak about the light.
@Gtinnel how is the K7 Mini you one w/ the giveaway if you've used it.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if you need to get in contact with Noopsyche they’re fairly active on the forum so they will likely reply to a PM. However just be aware they will usually respond over night because they are out of China.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a K7 mini that i ordered a month ago and it has not arrived yet. i tried to figure out y its taking so long bc i paid for priority shipping and so far customer service has been terrible. I cant speak about the light.
@Gtinnel how is the K7 Mini you one w/ the giveaway if you've used it.
I’ve kind of had it on the tank and I had it running, but it I haven’t filled or setup the tank yet. So yes I had it running on an empty tank for a while.

I like it other than I’ve had a problem getting it setup on my Wi-Fi, but that’s likely because on my Wi-Fi I can’t separate the frequencies to connect it to the 2.4ghz frequency. It also has a noticeable fan noise when it ramps up. It isn’t annoying to me but it is noticeable.

Also it took me close to a month to get it shipped to me. I asked Noopsyche and the answer they gave me was something about it taking longer because of having batteries in it. By the shipping it looks like mine got stuck leaving China but eventually did leave and arrived fairly quickly after it made it out of China.

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Noo-Psyche and they work well once you get them figured out. Have you looked at the GNC BluerayS or ReeFi uno 2.0? Those are two I would like to try next I will probably sell my Noo-Psyche and Ai primes and try one of them.

Last edited:

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a fan. I have the k7 v3 over a qt tank. Took me 6 different android devices to get their poorly developed app to work. The arm that you buy with it is cheaply made and badly designed. The thumb screws to tighten the arm to the glass was poorly threaded and could barely tighten. I also did not get all the screws needed.

I haven't had any issues with the light itself yet and it does push a decent par.

You get what you pay for.

HeckleFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine last week and frankly thinking about canceling the order based on not being able to see any update on order status/shipping. If I was ordering this from AliExpress, I would expect this but frankly have seen more communication from Aliexpress sellers. When I ordered it from their website, I made the incorrect assumption that it was shipping from a US location.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine last week and frankly thinking about canceling the order based on not being able to see any update on order status/shipping. If I was ordering this from AliExpress, I would expect this but frankly have seen more communication from Aliexpress sellers. When I ordered it from their website, I made the incorrect assumption that it was shipping from a US location.
They ship from Hong Kong.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chinese New Year starts Jan. 22 and lasts 15 days.
Hopefully the lack of communication is due to getting things made/shipped before the holiday.

Eta of Chinese goods is always crapshoot.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking for feedback on NooPsyche lighting.
Seems like a-lot of people are recommending the light over other black box leds.
I am about ready to purchase a new light for a 40 breeder and have been considering the K7 pro.
I submitted a question on their website, from the contact us link last Friday and have yet to receive a response. So looked for a phone number but not finding one.
Next I checked the forum and most people are posting issues. Not gonna lie, that was a bit of a turn off.
I went down the led light rabbit hole when I first switched my 210 from MH to LED, I’d really rather not do that again.
At the time, people were raving about the smatfarm light fixture, IMO, that fixture had the worst color spectrum out of all the black box leds, I tried. Tried several.
Appreciate any feedback on Noop.
Very good shimmer and once connected - easy to adjust colors.
many videos on you tube for review

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hopefully the lack of communication is due to getting things made/shipped before the holiday.

They celebrate new Years ?

1673835769775.png

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 18 of te K7 Pro and expected to wait a few weeks they showed up in unders 2 weeks. There was not a lot of communication but the lights showed up and I think it was worth the wait.
If your in this hobby and you have no patience you will not do well.

HeckleFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I always seem to run into Chinese New Year whenever I order. Thanks for the heads up. I need to order something on AliExpress and better get it in.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took 3-4 weeks to arrive. Opposite of @Gtinnel , mine got to the US and sat in NY and NJ forever.

So far I really like the K7 mini. It has fewer channels than the K7 V3, but I think they got the spectrum and balance right. Pretty easy to customize once the app is working. If it holds up, I'd say I prefer this light over the AI Prime 16HD.

HeckleFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took 3-4 weeks to arrive. Opposite of @Gtinnel , mine got to the US and sat in NY and NJ forever.

So far I really like the K7 mini. It has fewer channels than the K7 V3, but I think they got the spectrum and balance right. Pretty easy to customize once the app is working. If it holds up, I'd say I prefer this light over the AI Prime 16HD.
I'm not getting any response from the seller. Still says waiting on fulfillment. The green hair in my nano being produced by the stock light won't slow down, so I'm cancelling my order.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not getting any response from the seller. Still says waiting on fulfillment. The green hair in my nano being produced by the stock light won't slow down, so I'm cancelling my order.
Yeah, that's not a good sign!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back