NooPsyche Led lighting

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not getting any response from the seller. Still says waiting on fulfillment. The green hair in my nano being produced by the stock light won't slow down, so I'm cancelling my order.
Did you try the " chat" button?
Is that where you get your current status?
Or IM on their Facebook?
You ordered right from Noopsyche?

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took about two weeks, I ordered straight from their site. I run 2 k7 pro 3 Wi-Fi coupled with2 t5 bulbs (coral plus) and finally got a par meter. Wow I was hammering the tank. All channels at 50% except red which was at 30% and I had 350 on the sand bed. Needless to say I’m running peak time now at all channels but red at 25% and 125 sand bed and 250-300 at top of rocks. Standard 75 gallon aqueon with 10” above water mounting height. Par meter apogee 420x.

HeckleFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you
Mine took about two weeks, I ordered straight from their site. I run 2 k7 pro 3 Wi-Fi coupled with2 t5 bulbs (coral plus) and finally got a par meter. Wow I was hammering the tank. All channels at 50% except red which was at 30% and I had 350 on the sand bed. Needless to say I’m running peak time now at all channels but red at 25% and 125 sand bed and 250-300 at top of rocks. Standard 75 gallon aqueon with 10” above water mounting height. Par meter apogee 420x.
Did you get any type of updates during that time? They also haven't responded to my Facebook message. I guess I'll play the wait and see game. Meanwhile my GHA is loving this Fluval stock light.

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you

Did you get any type of updates during that time? They also haven't responded to my Facebook message. I guess I'll play the wait and see game. Meanwhile my GHA is loving this Fluval stock light.
Yes I messaged through their website and got a response. Not instant but did get one I think it took 3-4 days to get a tracking number and then a few days after that before the tracking number showed some progress. But it did come from china and when I ordered it I wasn’t in too big a hurry.

HeckleFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an email saying that my order was cancelled. They never responded to any of my messages asking if the Lunar New Year was going to affect delivery. Worked out for the best as I picked up a used AI Prime for $100 the same day.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got an email saying that my order was cancelled. They never responded to any of my messages asking if the Lunar New Year was going to affect delivery. Worked out for the best as I picked up a used AI Prime for $100 the same day.
not sure why they did that but I had an AI Prime 16hd and well it's not even in the same category as the k7 light

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes. it puts out a ton more light, can cover a larger area and its cheaper than an AI prime. I would choose a Blade over a prime
I would compare it more to a Hydra 32 or an XR30
That is truly shocking - considering that AI Prime appears to be a dominant reef fixture on the market and even though they are a high price point. In comparison to the K7 price point, one might even be a bit suspicious why the Noopsyche are priced the way they are. I don't know how long they've been in the market, but are there any LED burnout issues with their products?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is truly shocking - considering that AI Prime appears to be a dominant reef fixture on the market and even though they are a high price point. In comparison to the K7 price point, one might even be a bit suspicious why the Noopsyche are priced the way they are. I don't know how long they've been in the market, but are there any LED burnout issues with their products?
The K7 V3 has been out for about a year and a half as far as I know (the non Wi-Fi version). I’ve had mine on the tank for 16 months and have not had any issues with them.
They make a really nice product for the price. The interface isn’t as great as many of the big name brands (especially on the older version that took a controller), their communication and shipping isn’t the best, although I never personally had an issue getting ahold of them.

I’ve been told there is talk of having a member on the forum ship the lights for them so that they will be shipped from within the US to help speed up shipping times.

I think @tbrown3589 has some of the older models of their lights. I wonder if he has had any issues with leds burning out or any other failures on his?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 k7 V3 wifi over a 6 ft tank and am really happy with them. I bought them in 2 seperate orders both arriving quickly. The last order of 2 lights was placed the evening of 12/24 and were at my door on 1/3. That's better than amazon has been doing lately. I do have some trouble with wifi and am not sure what the issue is. I'm not much at networks and my router is ancient. I ended up just leaving them in ap mode and just log into that when I need to adjust, which is really hardly ever now that I have them where I want them. I have my settings and some par readings Here in the 13th post from when I was running 4. I read that @Zach B is supposed to start distribution in the states. Maybe he has an update?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
they have been around for a long time. I have been running the K7II since 2018 and never had any issues on the tanks I ran them. The K7III is going from 95w to 140w and the wifi with app control is a nice add on. it isnt the super flashy app but gets the job done.
I see no need to ever pay extra for the name brand lights over these.
I have used AI Prime 16HD, Radion G2,3,4. These are the best bang for your buck you are going to get

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The K7 V3 has been out for about a year and a half as far as I know (the non Wi-Fi version). I’ve had mine on the tank for 16 months and have not had any issues with them.
They make a really nice product for the price. The interface isn’t as great as many of the big name brands (especially on the older version that took a controller), their communication and shipping isn’t the best, although I never personally had an issue getting ahold of them.

I’ve been told there is talk of having a member on the forum ship the lights for them so that they will be shipped from within the US to help speed up shipping times.

I think @tbrown3589 has some of the older models of their lights. I wonder if he has had any issues with leds burning out or any other failures on his?
I've got three of the K7 V3 and one of the K7 Pro IIs. All my LEDs are still burning bright. Interestingly enough, the older one seems to have more PAR than the K7 V3 at a lower wattage but that's more due to the lenses I would imagine.

ETA: I've been running the Pro II for over two years and the V3s for over a year at this point with no issues on any of the lights.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have 6 k7 V3 wifi over a 6 ft tank and am really happy with them. I bought them in 2 seperate orders both arriving quickly. The last order of 2 lights was placed the evening of 12/24 and were at my door on 1/3. That's better than amazon has been doing lately. I do have some trouble with wifi and am not sure what the issue is. I'm not much at networks and my router is ancient. I ended up just leaving them in ap mode and just log into that when I need to adjust, which is really hardly ever now that I have them where I want them. I have my settings and some par readings Here in the 13th post from when I was running 4. I read that @Zach B is supposed to start distribution in the states. Maybe he has an update?
I should have an update soon! Lights should be in the states within a couple weeks :)

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
heck, i like them enough I have a 2nd one just sitting in my storage incase i go bigger and need a 2nd light.
Plus they are cheap enough that you can do that and its not a huge hit. Id never do that with the other brands who think the lights they make are worth $900+

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally figured out how to do the wifi connection. This whole time I was holding the R till it switched to blinking blue twice. No, what your supposed to do is hold R till the light goes out and its continuously blinking blue and then it connected right up to wifi for me.

Phil Steel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone needs help with the ordering side from Hong Kong, I’m ready to help.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Update- Lights should be here Tuesday :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back