Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ooohh crap :) sorry bud...

kamla
I was running all the blues at 80. I changed the UV ch today to 60 to try something about colors in acans.

CCFF0B86-8488-4980-9274-D491CB9EF6F8.jpeg

Diggem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing quite a few online searches, it appears as though the folks here on R2R are about the only english-speaking people using the Noopsyche lights. Is this because someone here found them, liked them, and then started to spread the word?

The lights appear to be a very cost-effective alternative to the name-brand lights, but with such a small group of users and a relatively short time on the market, the lifespan and reliability is unknown. This may or may not be an issue; someone needs to be the early adopter :)

I really don't know how to ask this question without sounding like a jerk, which is not my intention, but aside from the manufacturer, does anyone here have a financial interest in the lights? I ask because with such a small user group to draw upon for opinions, each user's opinion has more weight than if there were hundreds or thousands of users.

Again, I really don't mean to stir the pot, but in the interest of openness, I think that it is important for this to be disclosed. For the record, I have no issue with someone making a buck off the light. In fact, I applaud the initiative and wish them great success. They will likely be making a few bucks off me very soon :D

Time to put on my flame retardant clothing. :eek:
I had same question since where these lights were brought to my attention was on the real black box study witch was started and was taking place in TN AND now there being sold out of TN

Joel Sandoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do theses lights have the option to ramp up and down? Also, what is the most reliable source to buy them from? I have seen them on ebay, aliexpress, aquariumlowcost and none of them are consistent prices. Want to make sure I order the right thing if I do.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do theses lights have the option to ramp up and down? Also, what is the most reliable source to buy them from? I have seen them on ebay, aliexpress, aquariumlowcost and none of them are consistent prices. Want to make sure I order the right thing if I do.

Looks like Joel here is gone, but any more thoughts on places to buy? The last place on his list is about 50 bucks cheaper per light. Other places are about 151-159

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Joel here is gone, but any more thoughts on places to buy? The last place on his list is about 50 bucks cheaper per light. Other places are about 151-159
We have many authorised dealers that carry our light and you can buy from them or direct from us at https://noopsycheusa.store/collections/all
We have a MAP price of 154.99 and offer full support. If you buy the Chinese version from ebay or an unauthorized dealer then we offer no support or warranty.

Last edited:

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy the Chinese version from ebay or an unauthorized dealer then we offer no support or warranty.

I'm a little confused. Aren't all of them the Chinese version? Is the website selling them cheaper unauthorized to sell them? It would still have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, it looks like.

Do you work for Noopsyche?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use them. I dropped the controller once and it broke. I sent a message to them and got no reply. So I had to switch lights.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use them. I dropped the controller once and it broke. I sent a message to them and got no reply. So I had to switch lights.

Wouldn't buying a new controller be easier and cheaper than switching lights?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't buying a new controller be easier and cheaper than switching lights?
I messaged them to replace controller. No reply. Decided to replace lights. I’m not trying to badmouth them. I do like their lights. Just feel there are some cheaper parts. If you’ve kept them, I’m sure you’d know what I mean.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little confused. Aren't all of them the Chinese version? Is the website selling them cheaper unauthorized to sell them? It would still have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, it looks like.

Do you work for Noopsyche?
Yes I do work for Noopsyche.
No they are all not the Chinese version. The version we sell here in the USA has a totally different quality control.
Any website that is selling the light below MAP is not authorized to do so and thus the warranty will not be honored by Noopsyche USA or our the main office in China.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messaged them to replace controller. No reply. Decided to replace lights. I’m not trying to badmouth them. I do like their lights. Just feel there are some cheaper parts. If you’ve kept them, I’m sure you’d know what I mean.
Who did you message? Our support is [email protected]

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for being upfront Manose. I appreciate the time, effort, and money that you have spent on testing the lamps. You have provided us with very valuable information that is indispensable when trying to decide on a new lamp.

Now, if only the $CAD to $US exchange rate was better. By the time all is said and done, the Noopsyche is very close in price to the Prime HD. Except for ongoing connectivity issues, I love the Primes (I have 2 on my 28G zoa tank)
I dont think you can compare prime to noopsyche as noop is 95 watts as opposed to 50! You could possibly compare to hydra 52 but the noops are much cheaper and you would only need one on a 28 gallon!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back