North Alabama reefer

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy to all from North Alabama. I'm a preacher, part time school teacher and tennis coach, and proud to be a founding member of the North Alabama Reef Club (NARC).
I currently have two tanks.

My 75 gallon was started in the Spring of '03 on a shoe string budget. Key features are:
  • It is sumpless
  • Lighting is 6 NO fluorescent bulbs in shoplight fixtures in a DIY canopy
  • AquaC remora skimmer
  • Currently has 30+ species of coral, mainly softies and LPS, but also a couple of Monti's and a LARGE derasa clam.
  • Fish include a yellow tang, flame angel, 2 Ocellaris clowns and a 6 year old brazilian gramma
softies13.jpg

My 135g was started last year. It was seeded with the contents of a 40g SPS tank I'd had going for couple of years. Some of the specs are:
  • 60" long x by 30" high x 18" wide acryllic flatback hex
  • 20 gallon sump
  • 400w MH + 175 MH + 54w T5HO
  • Mainly sps with a few lps
  • Fish include a sailfin tang, pyramid butterfly, flameback angel, maroon clown, possum wrasse, yellowtail damsel and 4 chromis
135g3-6-09.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mariner, welcome to R2R. So you are one of our founding fathers.
Yep. We're thinking of having our images carved in live rock, a la Mt. Rushmore. :wink: Our first get together was in Johnny's old shop near Madison Square mall some time in the middle of '03. I'm thinking that the orginal group was myself, Tomoko, Harry, Greanbean (still in high school at the time), and a couple of other guys I don't think you've met. It was a lot like a constitutional convention.... not!
Mariner

mltascp

Alabama Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More like a meeting of the minds! That carving would look cool in a tank. Well I am glad you guys started NARC. The club has been great help to us.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well welcome to R2R Mariner! I am a Pastor as well! :D

Great to have you here!

OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev,
Thanks for the kind welcome. You've got a great site here. Not to speak evil of others, but this site is a refreshing alternative to some others that seem to want to oppress freedom of speech, of religion, and capitalism.
BTW, I am sure that I've met you at least once; probably at one the Chattanooga frag swaps, maybe Nashville too
Mariner

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. We're thinking of having our images carved in live rock, a la Mt. Rushmore. :wink: Our first get together was in Johnny's old shop near Madison Square mall some time in the middle of '03. I'm thinking that the orginal group was myself, Tomoko, Harry, Greanbean (still in high school at the time), and a couple of other guys I don't think you've met. It was a lot like a constitutional convention.... not!
Mariner

Funny that you mention that. I've already started on it.

rushmore.gif

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 76 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.0%
Back