OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0i love my asterina.between them and brittles ive considered getting a harlequin shrimp to complete the ecosystem.. but I'm afraid the harlequin would decimate them
If you do have a population explosion, it is because they have too much food. Much like the bristle worms, they will adjust their numbers to match the available food. Decrease feedings/increase detritus removal via water changes, and their numbers will decrease all on their own.
I do weekly water changes and since I’ve had an issue with diatom Algea, I have been vacuuming the sand heavily for the last month. (Diatom is almost gone) I’ll cut back a little on feeding. I have also been trying to get copepods established in my tank. I’ve only put them in once. I probably need to do that again.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0i love my asterina.between them and brittles ive considered getting a harlequin shrimp to complete the ecosystem.. but I'm afraid the harlequin would decimate them
Good to know. If they become a problem I’ll get one of those shrimp : ) thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
While I try to get a pic of the starfish, I did just take the pics below. This is on my back wall, under a cave that Ai cannot get to to clean... I hate to ask about a different critter now, but... apparently I just did. Lol

are these little guys a problem?

74335F9D-57CA-4C9D-998E-94744CEAE165.jpeg
37A6B476-DCB8-4062-B477-417D3933C4B9.jpeg
These are spirobid worms. Simply remove with edge of credit card. on the stars, they cannot be trusted and NOT welcomed in any of my tanks. They are also known to eat zoa coral. Remove by hand, or net and discard

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are spirobid worms. Simply remove with edge of credit card. on the stars, they cannot be trusted and NOT welcomed in any of my tanks. They are also known to eat zoa coral. Remove by hand, or net and discard
I can’t get to the spirobid worms. They are on the back wall of my tank, near the bottom and under a cave. Is there anything the eats them?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I can’t get to the spirobid worms. They are on the back wall of my tank, near the bottom and under a cave. Is there anything the eats them?
they are just a nuisance. Try to avoid getting food in that area and they will soon starve and vanish

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my timor wrasse and tassle file fish would eat them, very pretty things.
That tassle file fish looks really cool! I am 2 months into a 6 month timeframe I set for myself for “not getting any new livestock” while my tank matures : ( ...but I do like that fish!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tassle file fish looks really cool! I am 2 months into a 6 month timeframe I set for myself for “not getting any new livestock” while my tank matures : ( ...but I do like that fish!

He is a loner but interacts with everyone, super chilled like the tank stoner, he does eat stomatelas and small snails though so I just swapped to a snail brand it can't get into! ;)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back