Nuvo 10 update Too Much Growth

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1E6E0B73-1437-47C6-BB15-2FC465531593.jpeg
A00EE916-27B8-4A85-90E0-00310349758C.jpeg
81713F58-CB19-42B0-82E8-D4DD9661B4C1.jpeg
0BB946A1-694B-4582-A477-6EDF5F7C3700.jpeg
FE2EDA35-E9B3-46EE-A439-088B3AD31291.jpeg
Well, remember the old saying be careful what you wish for you might get it? My Nuvo 10 is experiencing a growth spurt. I expected growth, but I underestimated how fast some of these coral grow. In three months time my lps have doubled and tripled in size. The duncans and euphelia really took me by surprise. I’m going to have to make a hard decision now and figure out how to thin out the area. My sps is growing too as you can tell by the light ring around the monti cap. Coraline is going insane too. I’m confused on how to feel. Anybody else in this situation?
 
Ugh. This is the price of success. We get our tanks right where we want them and then wish we could stop time right there. First the tank looks bare, then briefly perfect until it goes out of control. The answer is you have to adapt. All of those things you did to stimulate growth switch to how do I control or contain growth.

BTW, growth is a good problem to have so I would say you should feel good, but be ready to keep up the hard work in a new way. The hard work never ends, so I guess we need to learn to enjoy the work as much as the results.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new