Nuvo 20 Blade Size/Count?

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've landed on AI Blades for my Nuvo 20 AIO (24" wide). I'm looking at 3 of the 21" (2 grow, 1 glow). Would this be overkill for this size tank? Should I stagger the 2 grows for better coverage or would they be okay centered?

I considered Ecotech but man, $1k for 2 of their lights versus 3 Blades at ~$650 is a hard pill to swallow.

I'm planning on a mixed reef with mostly LPS and euphyillia with some SPS down the road when I'm feeling more confident.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robotrash

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, if I went with the ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro could I get away with one with no shadowing or would I need 2 to eliminate that?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily get away with 1 on a nuvo 20

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would a single reefi uno 2.0 suffice? Seems like they're better in most ways based on folks around these forums

I don’t care for individual lens designs myself so I’ve never tested and ran one. I see disco ball with most LEDs and the individual lens design always has disco ball

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM Fusion 40 tall. I have one grow and one glow. It’s more than enough, but I do plan to go with another grow. I view my tank from the front and from one side. When viewing from the side I do notice the beam of light from the grow. I do think it is because I have mine resting on the top of that tank with the included mounts. I also think the third will spread the light more evenly with a second grow and a glow in the middle.

I think if you have them higher above the water you wouldn’t need more. I keep my water level as high as possible as I don’t want any light leakage.

I love the lights, even though I’m waiting on my third replacement grow as the first two were bluer on one side.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back