nVladik's 75G Rimless

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all. I had a planted tank that I got tired off, so I decided to turn it into a SW setup. It will be a long process as I am not in a rush, but I figured I will start a build thread so I can bounce some ideas off of the forum. I am also looking for parts and since I don't have enough experience/posts I can't access the marketplace forums, but if anyone has items that my fit my need please don't hesitate to send a PM.

Tank: My tank I am going to use is a DeepBlue 75G rimless tank, not drilled and no overflow.
Stand: I made a custom cherry stand for it. Stand is still missing doors, this is the first step of the project I am looking to finish over the next two weeks.
Filtration: I am looking to get a custom sump, 24x16 or 30x16. Looking to get a DC pump for the return, quieter and require less power to run. Would appreciate a suggestion. Also will require a good overflow box.
Lighting: AI lights - either 2x Hydra, or 2x Hydra 26, hanged of the ceiling a foot over the tank, maybe a little higher.
RODI: TBD
Protein Skimmer: TBD
Controller: TBD

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE! and welcome to R2R! following along. Also doing a 75 so hopefully you can give me some ideas haha good luck

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol alright. Is this your first SW set up?
I have an HOB overflow box laying around. Lmk if interested, I'll send you pics.
You sure you don't want to drill your tank?
What's your intended stocking list?

Gabriel

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol alright. Is this your first SW set up?
I have an HOB overflow box laying around. Lmk if interested, I'll send you pics.
You sure you don't want to drill your tank?
What's your intended stocking list?

Gabriel

Thanks Gabriel. Yes, this is my first SW setup. I will need a HOB overflow box, not looking to drill the tank, I like it he way it is right now. if you have something good please shoot me over a PM. As for stocking, I will be starting with soft corral initially as I learn, and go from there. No specifics yet, still doing a lot of research on it. Coming from a planted freshwater world I have a lot to learn. :)

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gabriel. Yes, this is my first SW setup. I will need a HOB overflow box, not looking to drill the tank, I like it he way it is right now. if you have something good please shoot me over a PM. As for stocking, I will be starting with soft corral initially as I learn, and go from there. No specifics yet, still doing a lot of research on it. Coming from a planted freshwater world I have a lot to learn. :)

Alright I'll pm you a pic once I get a chance. Yes just read read and read lol And always remember there is never one answer to anything. Just have to find what works good for you and especially your tank. Trial and error.
Have you learned about the cycling process? Any questions on that?
I asked you about your livestock also because take that into consideration when choosing a skimmer.
Also for fish, you tend to want to put the peaceful fish in first and as you go along put in the more aggressive ones. Just skimming some basics here.

Oh and once you have the plumbing with the sump and water going you can start the cycle. Minimal equipment is needed to start but once livestock is introduced is when you'll start needed your skimmer controllers , reactors and so on.
Gabriel

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back