Ocellaris being hosted by inanimate objects?

OP
SaltyCupcake

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Wait until they start “surfing” the power head current. It’s hilarious. They’re such bad swimmers but they’re fearless.
They truly are! I'm a little worried that he might get blown around a bit but he seems to be holding on. I hope he finds a nice comfy spot when it's time for him to rest. Fingers crossed that I don't have too much flow.

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine choose to host the thermometer over the rose bubble tip anemone. Used to drive me nuts they wanted nothing to do with it but they seem happy so what the heck. And I think my male is special he has an overbite and little derpy face. He’s cute though I love him.

B44AD34C-97A8-4967-AAA2-D9E33D523EDD.png

LRT

View Badges
Reaction score
Hahaha, I am loving to hear about how 'special' little clowns are. It's hilarious and fascinating to learn about how they will snuggle up with completely random things. I hope he has some amazing adventures(that don't involve him getting wedged in anything or stuck on a powerhead). :)
Expect all that lol

Corals.com

davescj

View Badges
Reaction score
Ref surfing the power flow, mine do this as well. It is funny to watch, They have been trying to get the blue tang to do it with them. It took him about five days to figure out he could swim the whole tank.

FishDoc

Fish Obsessed.
View Badges
Reaction score
Over worrying, it's a clown.

Mine seem to think the underside of my frag rack is home. At night they sleep in the top corner near the overflow, straight up and down.

They do weird things.

FYI, cause someone's going to say it.....
Clowns don't host things, the things they stay on are the hosts(IE, "my clowns are hosting my anemone", no your anemone is the host).
You’re doing the lords work..FWIW people should right the wrong, for how obsessed this community is with nitpicking taxonomy, water chemistry etc., but can’t seem to refer to a simple biological process correctly.

OP
SaltyCupcake

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Omgosh I am dying from the cuteness of all of these fish haha.
You’re doing the lords work..FWIW people should right the wrong, for how obsessed this community is with nitpicking taxonomy, water chemistry etc., but can’t seem to refer to a simple biological process correctly.
I agree! I appreciate being corrected, especially being so new to this. It's important for me to learn the right way to identify things so it's really helpful and very much appreciated. <3

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Clowns are territorial and like to stay in a certain area. You might find one that swims around the tank, but they generally like to hang out in one place once they make the tank their "home". My pair currently live in a flower pot in the corner of my tank.

Where do you stand on water changes for your reef tank?

• Regular Water Changes

Votes: 584 61.6%
  • Occasional Water Changes

Votes: 184 19.4%
  • Very Seldom Water Changes

Votes: 70 7.4%
  • Water Change ONLY when there is an issue

Votes: 78 8.2%
  • NO Water Changes Ever

Votes: 32 3.4%

Online statistics

Members online