Ocellaris

Should I put the agressive Ocellaris in a breeding box, or the smaller Orange Storm?

• Ocellaris in the breeder box

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Orange Storm in the breeder box

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Please explain in the comments

• Total voters

Spyndera99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Female clown died two months ago, (This female was part of a previous pair) and I've been trying to pair the remaining male Ocellaris (who's been in the tank for 2 years now) with an orange storm clownfish. So far, a lot of nipping has happened, and a couple of slightly larger attacks. I'm wondering if I put the aggressor in the breeding box or the orange storm. A bite from the Ocellaris ended the life of another clown before this. The OS has been in the tank for almost two days now, with him being in the breeder box for a lot of it. At night, the Ocellaris gets more agressive. I'm kind of worried for the orange storm because of its size.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there are no torn fins I wouldn't remove anyone. If fins are getting torn on the storm the older clown should be the one to be put in a breeder box to let the new fish acclimate to the system.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Back