Octospawn dying???

Levib.Lenhart

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
46
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been struggling with this colony for nearly 3 weeks now. About a month ago, these heads were beginning to split, which they did. But seem to have never recovered, and now I’m worrying about polyp fallout.
When I feed about 2 days ago, the bottom head perked back up and looks half normal but then was back to this the next morning. Do I need to be cutting these heads off, or should I just completely frag out the colony?
Params:
Ammonia-0
NO4-0
NO3- ~30 (normal for my tank)
Ca-480
Mg-1250
PO4-0.04
pH-7.8

0C27E9BD-EC20-4058-86D5-B136574B8ADF.jpeg 7DBF58D7-EEEF-4506-8DB7-4968064BD470.jpeg
 
Hmmmm, I may not have an answer for you but let’s find someone who does.
how long has this tank been up and running? Any other livestock/corals?
@footgal
 
Hmmmm, I may not have an answer for you but let’s find someone who does.
how long has this tank been up and running? Any other livestock/corals?
@footgal
Up and running for quite a few years, but I inherited it a little over a year ago. I only have zoas and an assortment of mushrooms in there, but nothing is close to the octo.
 
Up and running for quite a few years, but I inherited it a little over a year ago. I only have zoas and an assortment of mushrooms in there, but nothing is close to the octo.
The pics aren’t the best, but are the heads flaking off? Also, if you wanna be on the safe side, if you chop those heads off, lowers the chance the whole colony gets a bacterial infection
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 19.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new