Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im dieing as i drank my self silly....im down to my last 6 months to live unless i get a transplant.im a good person just had a bad life...please pray for me
I'm very sorry to hear this alcohol addiction can be at nasty things you have my thoughts and prayers and I hope you find the transplant to keep your life moving forward I too used to be addicted to drugs and alcohol I had a couple children and got married started my own business and picked up the addiction of reefing instead I wish you the best if I can do it you can do it 2

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 6yr old neice that is gonna undergo a surgery on her brain this coming Monday, to fix her scoliosis. Would love some prayers for her.

Also if this isn't allowed please let me know or delete. If your feeling generous and would like to help my sister and her family out. I'll leave a link to Facebook where you could donate.
This is really sad to hear be praying for a Flawless surgery and a speedy recovery please keep us posted an updated on the well-being of the family and the little girl this is one of those situations were not just a little girl needs prayers but the families 2 to be strong

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers needed for a fellow Reefer, Reef2reef staff member and good friend to many on the forum, @jsker.

May god guide the surgeons hands in surgery, speedy recovery and healing! We are praying for you!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
im dieing as i drank my self silly....im down to my last 6 months to live unless i get a transplant.im a good person just had a bad life...please pray for me
Sorry to hear. God never sleeps and heals when asked.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Prayers needed for a fellow Reefer, Reef2reef staff member and good friend to many on the forum, @jsker.

May god guide the surgeons hands in surgery, speedy recovery and healing! We are praying for you!
God makes the earth yield healing herbs and medicines. Please give doctors , pharmacists and nurses the knowledge and power to perform this surgery for a successful recovery in Jesus's name we pray .

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm at it, please take time to pray for our nation! We need gods help in this, regardless of anyones political affiliation.

Sorry to hear. God never sleeps and heals when asked.

May our heavenly father hear our prayers! Lord, lay your healing hands on all that call your name! Father of mercy, father that loves us regardless of past or present, forgiver of our sins. Amen.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I stand in agreement
Praying for jsker

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pray for our country and for the current situation regarding the election. Pray that truth, righteousness, honesty, and a fair election result will be the outcome whoever may win. But pray that the winner will be the choice of the people and not the result of corruption or dishonest balances.

Proverbs 16:11
Honest scales and balances are from the LORD; all the weights in the bag are His concern.

Proverbs 20:10
Differing weights and unequal measures--both are detestable to the LORD.

Proverbs 20:23
Unequal weights are detestable to the LORD, and dishonest scales are no good.

Hosea 12:7
A merchant loves to defraud with dishonest scales in his hands.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to request some prayers for peace and understanding between mom and I.

We have always gotten along pretty ok, and are kinda doing so still. I’ve never been her favorite, and it’s been quite clear my entire 41 years of existence.

Mom has always struggled with finances, and she’s always felt that her family never cared for her, which has always given her a “What about me.” Outlook on life. It’s understandable and I always do my very best to keep this in mind. She’s also one who doesn’t like to let go of any possessions. Again, that’s understandable. She works hard for what she has and doesn’t want to let any of it go.

About a year ago she was in severe debt with pawn shops, loans and bills. Her vehicle was on the verge of breaking down and she was facing eviction. (Side note, her and hubbs have clashed personality wise in the past, because of how she is towards me) I spoke with my husband and mother in law (who lives here with us) about mom staying long enough to get in her feet. It was supposed to be about three months or so, so she could save up money and pay off her loans and pawns. She was also asked to give us $200.00 monthly just because we can’t do it all. She agreed, no issues. She has her room and her little dog. Things have been OK for most of this time. Of course she does make snippy remarks about her little dog. If she’s left in the bedroom, she’s not important. If she’s let out to be with us, she’s going to be eaten. If we give her food scraps we are hurting her tummy. If we don’t we don’t like the dog. Sigh. Anyhow....

She’s been very distant with me lately and I’ve just kinda brushed it off, because how she is with me sometimes

So the other day I rode with mom to the store and she asked if I knew where her silver was. No? Of course I don’t. I don’t go in her room, save to open the door for her little dog to come out. (I’m not leaving her in there when I’m home, that’s silly and if I’m gonna get yelled at at least the dog won’t be locked up, right?) so she asked how her cameos got put back in her footstool. I’ve no clue. I said if it was here it’s still here it in storage. No, it’s not and I put the cameos back but in the wrong spot and I told her I did so. Sigh. I told her I have no idea what she’s talking about.

Yesterday she was asking again. And said I told her she wasn’t allowed out in the building in the back. I’ve never and would never say that to her. I have told her to be careful because it’s a mess. She thinks that I (or someone) went into her room and took her jewelry or silver or something and did something with it but put the cameos back just to mess with her? It’s really hard to get a straight answer from her as to where she thinks this stuff was or is and what happened to it.

My feelings are really hurt. Ive no reason to go in there, I have no use for her jewelry. She even made the comment yesterday that she’s not dead yet. Why would she think this of me? She won’t even give me a hug, but more of a friendly “pat pat” hug. We are trying to help her out, make sure she has a place to stay and all we ask for is the 200 a month to help pay the power, water, and food bills. I’ve never held a candle to my brother, I’ve known this. He has stolen from her many times (he’s not allowed at my house) and has never tried to help her.

I’m so sorry for this rant here, I can’t tell my husband because he will throw her out. But I don’t know what to do.

Please, just pray for some clarity for her and me,

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have always gotten along pretty ok, and are kinda doing so still. I’ve never been her favorite, and it’s been quite clear my entire 41 years of existence.

Mom has always struggled with finances, and she’s always felt that her family never cared for her, which has always given her a “What about me.” Outlook on life. It’s understandable and I always do my very best to keep this in mind. She’s also one who doesn’t like to let go of any possessions. Again, that’s understandable. She works hard for what she has and doesn’t want to let any of it go.

About a year ago she was in severe debt with pawn shops, loans and bills. Her vehicle was on the verge of breaking down and she was facing eviction. (Side note, her and hubbs have clashed personality wise in the past, because of how she is towards me) I spoke with my husband and mother in law (who lives here with us) about mom staying long enough to get in her feet. It was supposed to be about three months or so, so she could save up money and pay off her loans and pawns. She was also asked to give us $200.00 monthly just because we can’t do it all. She agreed, no issues. She has her room and her little dog. Things have been OK for most of this time. Of course she does make snippy remarks about her little dog. If she’s left in the bedroom, she’s not important. If she’s let out to be with us, she’s going to be eaten. If we give her food scraps we are hurting her tummy. If we don’t we don’t like the dog. Sigh. Anyhow....

She’s been very distant with me lately and I’ve just kinda brushed it off, because how she is with me sometimes

So the other day I rode with mom to the store and she asked if I knew where her silver was. No? Of course I don’t. I don’t go in her room, save to open the door for her little dog to come out. (I’m not leaving her in there when I’m home, that’s silly and if I’m gonna get yelled at at least the dog won’t be locked up, right?) so she asked how her cameos got put back in her footstool. I’ve no clue. I said if it was here it’s still here it in storage. No, it’s not and I put the cameos back but in the wrong spot and I told her I did so. Sigh. I told her I have no idea what she’s talking about.

Yesterday she was asking again. And said I told her she wasn’t allowed out in the building in the back. I’ve never and would never say that to her. I have told her to be careful because it’s a mess. She thinks that I (or someone) went into her room and took her jewelry or silver or something and did something with it but put the cameos back just to mess with her? It’s really hard to get a straight answer from her as to where she thinks this stuff was or is and what happened to it.

My feelings are really hurt. Ive no reason to go in there, I have no use for her jewelry. She even made the comment yesterday that she’s not dead yet. Why would she think this of me? She won’t even give me a hug, but more of a friendly “pat pat” hug. We are trying to help her out, make sure she has a place to stay and all we ask for is the 200 a month to help pay the power, water, and food bills. I’ve never held a candle to my brother, I’ve known this. He has stolen from her many times (he’s not allowed at my house) and has never tried to help her.

I’m so sorry for this rant here, I can’t tell my husband because he will throw her out. But I don’t know what to do.

I am very sorry you are going through this with your mom. You will definitely be in my prayers. Some of what you are describing may be a medical issue. Have you ever thought of or has your mom ever been tested for early onset dementia? Some of the behaviors you are describing and that she is displaying are textbook symptoms. Just something for you to think about. Again you and your mom are in my prayers.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very sorry you are going through this with your mom. You will definitely be in my prayers. Some of what you are describing may be a medical issue. Have you ever thought of or has your mom ever been tested for early onset dementia? Some of the behaviors you are describing and that she is displaying are textbook symptoms. Just something for you to think about. Again you and your mom are in my prayers.
It’s crossed my mind a little but the issue is, she works at Walmart and has their insurance. She can’t afford a doctor to find a diagnosis. On top of that if I was to even bring it up she would get very mad, and her feelings would be very hurt. I don’t know how I could even begin to ask her.

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok prayer warriors, I am calling on you again and I hope I am not using up all my yearly allowance.;)

So this past year, as some may know from my prior prayer requests, I have endured 2 spinal fusions, Septic shock, and a few other spinal issues or setbacks. Today I find out the results of my latest MRI, and the results will drive how invasive or traumatic my 3rd surgery in December will be. I will either need to just have all the screws replaced because one has come loose and because of the Staph infection in my spine they will just do them all at the same time. If the MRI comes back that my spine is infected again, they will have to go in from the back and the front and replace all the hardware and scrape my vertebrae down to healthy bone.

So after all that it comes down to recovery time.
Screws only = 3-6 months.
Everything = 1 year

So please send them up if you can!!

Thanks again!!

Jason

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As most of you know, I am a Pastor first and foremost and I wanted to create a place to where any one can post if they need prayer. I believe in prayer and I want to be here for you all if you ever need me.

You can post your request here, PM, or email me. Whichever one you feel comfortable with the most.

I receive prayer PM's a lot here and now we have a place to post the prayer request if you need it.

Thank you all.

PRAYER LIST:
Steven
FaviaFreak (job)
ofblong (closer to God)
mevstheworld (job)
Viva'sReef (new baby)
H@rry (wife continued healing)
fastandsneaky (mom and family)
pspfishlady (daughter continued healing)
ddr_phish (wife and daughter)
Blackhawk Fan (cousin)
rdvab (family)
DaveMorris (finances)
commonstranger (family)
reefanatic (finances and guidance)
I am just seeing this. I love it.

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Praying for Your peace, sanity and clarity on how to deal with Your situation.

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok prayer warriors, I am calling on you again and I hope I am not using up all my yearly allowance.;)

So this past year, as some may know from my prior prayer requests, I have endured 2 spinal fusions, Septic shock, and a few other spinal issues or setbacks. Today I find out the results of my latest MRI, and the results will drive how invasive or traumatic my 3rd surgery in December will be. I will either need to just have all the screws replaced because one has come loose and because of the Staph infection in my spine they will just do them all at the same time. If the MRI comes back that my spine is infected again, they will have to go in from the back and the front and replace all the hardware and scrape my vertebrae down to healthy bone.

So after all that it comes down to recovery time.
Screws only = 3-6 months.
Everything = 1 year

So please send them up if you can!!

Thanks again!!

Jason
You can never use up Your parayer "allowance" if You could We'd all be in trouble.
Praying for positive results and least invasive outcome for You

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well considering I lost my Job today how about a little something to help me find a new career?

Thanks Rev! My prayers are for whoever needs them as well... just post people

I suggest posting up where u r located and what type of job u wishing for / willing to do? I know a company locally looking to hire but that wont do u much good if located accross the country? Many business owners have reef tanks so just a thought? And prayers r great but some additional info maybe helpful as well. Good luck!

bigdaddyk01040

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love and pray for all, my fiance i have been with for going on 12 years now is battle ovarian cancer. She been doing the good fight for 6 years now. Its been a long road and unfortunately it hasn't gone her way. But we take it a day at a time and hope for the best and hope God guides her to victory. Even through the bad times enjoy what you can, because none of us know when our time is up in this world. Make the most of it, try new things love till your heart explodes and always remember life is good. Not always easy but hey, it isn't living without having some triumphs along the way.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back