Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My beautiful mom passed away Tuesday June 29th, she was only 71 years old. She received her second covid vaccination at the end of April. Per her doctor the spike protein in the vaccine attacked the liver causing severe liver damage. She was in and out of the hospital in May and most of June. She went into hospice a week ago Friday, and passed away 4 days later.

This has been the worst past two months of my life. I know my mom is in Heaven free of pain and happy. I am asking for prayers to help get me through the grieving process. I know God is with me through all of this, but it is so hard to come to the realization that I will never be able to speak to my mom again., or hug her, or go to her when I need advice. I am 46 years old, and live in a different state than my mom, but the pain is horrible.

This is the hardest thing I have ever been through. We all know we most likely will loose our parents at some point, but we never are prepared to be without them.

I am also praying for peace and comfort for everyone who posted on here. May God bless each and every one of you.

Thanks so much!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My beautiful mom passed away Tuesday June 29th, she was only 71 years old. She received her second covid vaccination at the end of April. Per her doctor the spike protein in the vaccine attacked the liver causing severe liver damage. She was in and out of the hospital in May and most of June. She went into hospice a week ago Friday, and passed away 4 days later.

This has been the worst past two months of my life. I know my mom is in Heaven free of pain and happy. I am asking for prayers to help get me through the grieving process. I know God is with me through all of this, but it is so hard to come to the realization that I will never be able to speak to my mom again., or hug her, or go to her when I need advice. I am 46 years old, and live in a different state than my mom, but the pain is horrible.

This is the hardest thing I have ever been through. We all know we most likely will loose our parents at some point, but we never are prepared to be without them.

I am also praying for peace and comfort for everyone who posted on here. May God bless each and every one of you.

Thanks so much!
Praying for you tonight

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks so much!
May gods bless you with courage and strength, may god keep your mom close as she kept you close even states apart. This pain you feel is not to be feared, it’s love in a way. Feel all the love she left you and may you pass it on honor of her.
In Jesus’s name amen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks so much!
Praying for peace and fullness in your ❤️ as you grieve the loss of your mom.

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flower GIF

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one is ever ready for a loss of a loved one. Nothing prepares us for the heart break. That emptiness when they leave. We have to remember the good things of our loved ones.
May gods bless you with courage and strength, may god keep your mom close as she kept you close even states apart. This pain you feel is not to be feared, it’s love in a way. Feel all the love she left you and may you pass it on honor of her.
In Jesus’s name amen
I can't say it any better. TY Glaze.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Jesus’s name amen
Amen! Very beautiful and just what I needed! I am leaning on God now more than ever.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your kindness!

I am also praying for everyone on here, and also for the families waiting news for their loved ones in the building collapse in Florida. May God give them strength and peace during this difficult time. As well as strength and hope to the many first responders working to find survivors, and bring closure to the families. Please God wrap your arms around them in love. In Jesus name Amen.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what a great thread!

I don’t have any requests, but, as someone who’s prayers come true so frequently that I’m now scared to ask for stuff in prayer (it’s not always good for me, better to let His will be done!), I can share some tips:

- Make sure you aren’t harboring unforgiveness, or scripture says, God will not listen to your prayer until you’ve forgiven whoever for whatever

- Include relevant scriptures in your prayer to the issue at hand

- Follow the rules. Yes, everything God does is bound by statues, rules, ordnances. This is why James 5:16 says “Confess your faults to one another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed, the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”. Notice ”effectual” and “righteous”. We don’t have our own righteousness, but we can appropriate Jesus’s to us, via scriptures such as:

2 Corinthians 5:21: For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God

1 Peter 2:24: He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. ‘By His stripes we are healed’

- Be thankful. Philippians 4:6-7: Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which surpasseth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Notice “by prayer and thanksgiving!”

- Make sure you’re not under any evil covenants. God gave us free will and will honor any covenant we enter into, even if we do it out ignorance. “Through knowledge shall the just be delivered” scripture tells us. You can enter into covenants via dreams (the most common way) and many, many other ways, usually without you being aware of it. You must break the power of these evil covenants with the authority of Christ. For more info, I highly recommend Pastor Kevin Ewing’s videos, as well as “Destroying Fear” by John Ramirez

- Speaking of fear: know what the Bible’s most often repeated command is? “Do not fear”! Fear is an evil spirit, and it will incapacitate you if you allow it. Are you afraid of losing your job? Injury? Illness? Anything except God? Then you need to rebuke the spirit of fear using your authority in Christ.

Hope this helps!

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm agnostic and I don't like organized religion, yet some nights I find myself saying a prayer of thanks. I don't know who I'm praying to, but I feel better for saying "thanks" to who/what ever is listening.

Keep up the good work Rev.

The least religious person that ever walked the face of the earth was Jesus Christ. Religion is humanity’s way of claiming to be able to save itself. This is why everything not of Jesus Christ is a religion. If you do some digging, you’ll find a sharp contrast between religions and the Bible.

For more info, I can’t recommend ‘the Bible in 24 hours’ by Chuck Missler enough. It’s super interesting, covering all kinds of topics from quantum physics to entropy:

Give the first episode a go, I bet you won’t be bored. Blessings on you :)

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a request that you pray for all the people in Western Europe who have lost much due to the unusual flash flooding that has taken place. I think in particular about Lasse and his colleagues at the public aquarium under construction in Sweden. They live in a particular secular society and need people to pray in their behalf. Thanks all for your prayer ministry on behalf of others.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is the first day I woke up with no fever since contracting the new covid strain. My daughter was also affected but not my other daughter, son or wife. Thank you god for all the blessings. Please my Lord hear thy prayer, bless others in their path with exponential healing, strength, and love. Guide them through your testing, gift them your angels so that all have a better chance to heal, to live, to love.
In Jesus name amen

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't usually share here but there are a couple of reefers in our community that are really going through it right now. Shauna and Bryan Bailey were expecting to sell their house about a month ago. They moved into a Dutchman trailer after they packed what they could in a "Pod" and shipped it to Tennessee. The day before the closing, Shauna had a stroke and laid alone for over an hour before she was found and EMS was called. Her BP at the time was 260. She has arterial damage and they are still struggling to lower her BP. It's been 4 weeks and she is still in the hospital. She is on a feeding tube. She can occasionally mumble a word or two and her mobility is limited to intermittent movement of the fingers on her right hand.
To compound the issue, Shauna lost her cleaning business in Covid. They have no insurance. She also took some bad advice and failed to issue herself a paycheck in the entire time she ran the business. She was the sole proprietor and paid business taxes but no personal tax. So, not only did they not receive stimulus money but she now does not qualify for social security disability or medicade.
Without insurance, they have been unsuccessful in securing her a bed at a rehab facility. Tonight, the neurologist informed them that without any improvement in a month, she is likely to remain in this condition. Without insurance, they have been unsuccessful in getting her placed, so they should start preparing to bring her home. The "home" is for sale - in hope that they can sell before they cannot pay the mortgage. Thus, the actual home is a Dutchman 20' trailer. How do you send a woman with no mobility, living off of a feeding tube ... "home"? She will require round the clock care. The family is truly at a breaking point.
I just sold all of my equipment from my 90 gallon set up to @Aximiate - such a nice young man! (and tall - like Viking tall) He drove over three hours each way with his Dad to start his reefing journey with that setup. The proceeds from the sale with additional help from @PeterC99 were delivered to the family at the hospital tonight. Considering the mountain of bills and the hardship they face, I know it is just a dent but it is something. At least it is a gesture that said, "You are not alone." Thank you to both of them for helping me, help them. They started a GoFundMe but that site is just an avalanche of folks needing help. They are truly the reefers that would just hand you a light, coral, RO water, food or even a fish and expect nothing in return. About 5 years ago, they started out as my clients and they have since become my friends.
Any prayers or advice that can help them navigate this mess is appreciated more than you know. I have sat up thinking about how I'd react if that was my husband or what he's do if that were me. It is truly unimaginable. If you don't have insurance - get some. Don't let this happen to you. Whatever your beliefs, your prayers are appreciated. At the end of the day - love is love and goodness is goodness.
Thank you for reading.
God Bless
#TampaBayReefkeepers

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't usually share here but there are a couple of reefers in our community that are really going through it right now. Shauna and Bryan Bailey were expecting to sell their house about a month ago. They moved into a Dutchman trailer after they packed what they could in a "Pod" and shipped it to Tennessee. The day before the closing, Shauna had a stroke and laid alone for over an hour before she was found and EMS was called. Her BP at the time was 260. She has arterial damage and they are still struggling to lower her BP. It's been 4 weeks and she is still in the hospital. She is on a feeding tube. She can occasionally mumble a word or two and her mobility is limited to intermittent movement of the fingers on her right hand.
To compound the issue, Shauna lost her cleaning business in Covid. They have no insurance. She also took some bad advice and failed to issue herself a paycheck in the entire time she ran the business. She was the sole proprietor and paid business taxes but no personal tax. So, not only did they not receive stimulus money but she now does not qualify for social security disability or medicade.
Without insurance, they have been unsuccessful in securing her a bed at a rehab facility. Tonight, the neurologist informed them that without any improvement in a month, she is likely to remain in this condition. Without insurance, they have been unsuccessful in getting her placed, so they should start preparing to bring her home. The "home" is for sale - in hope that they can sell before they cannot pay the mortgage. Thus, the actual home is a Dutchman 20' trailer. How do you send a woman with no mobility, living off of a feeding tube ... "home"? She will require round the clock care. The family is truly at a breaking point.
I just sold all of my equipment from my 90 gallon set up to @Aximiate - such a nice young man! (and tall - like Viking tall) He drove over three hours each way with his Dad to start his reefing journey with that setup. The proceeds from the sale with additional help from @PeterC99 were delivered to the family at the hospital tonight. Considering the mountain of bills and the hardship they face, I know it is just a dent but it is something. At least it is a gesture that said, "You are not alone." Thank you to both of them for helping me, help them. They started a GoFundMe but that site is just an avalanche of folks needing help. They are truly the reefers that would just hand you a light, coral, RO water, food or even a fish and expect nothing in return. About 5 years ago, they started out as my clients and they have since become my friends.
Any prayers or advice that can help them navigate this mess is appreciated more than you know. I have sat up thinking about how I'd react if that was my husband or what he's do if that were me. It is truly unimaginable. If you don't have insurance - get some. Don't let this happen to you. Whatever your beliefs, your prayers are appreciated. At the end of the day - love is love and goodness is goodness.
Thank you for reading.
God Bless
#TampaBayReefkeepers
Praying for healing, wisdom and God’s grace for Shauna and Bryan.

Aximiate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for reading.
God Bless
#TampaBayReefkeepers
Im glad it worked out for everyone, thank you again for all the great stuff. @CMMorgan and her husband are great people! Sending many prayers to Shauna and Bryan we hope there is much improvement soon.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for reading.
God Bless
#TampaBayReefkeepers
I will pray for them now, this is very sad and I know there is power in the name of Jesus. The Bible says god is close to the sick and those that care for the sick are the hands and feet of Jesus. Let us pray for healing and rest for Shauna

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for reading.
God Bless
#TampaBayReefkeepers
Any updates on Shauna and Bryan?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on Shauna and Bryan?
She has not shown any improvement. I think they are going to have to declare her incapacitated. I have referred them to adult protective services. Perhaps they have some resources that can be of use to them.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 48 73.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back