OG Holy Grail Torch Pailing

BTB117

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
63
Reaction score
24
Location
Hoboken
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collect rare torches and last year was sold this awesome piece called “OG Holy Grail”. I was warned the torch was a slow grower which has proven to be true - a year later the single head is nearly 30% larger and show no signs of splitting.

The torch originally was a vibrant yellow with blue tips but over time, the stems have browned and lost their color. Only the tips really have maintained their insane glow. What glow remains does blow my other Holy Grail out of the water and I wish I could get that color throughout.

The tentacles are also much smaller than any other torch I have but it seems like it’s fully opening.

Any idea what’s wrong? I’ve heard browning of the base would mean lack of nutrients.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
 
What are your water parameters? Do you feed your corals or only fish poop?
 
I started feeding literally everyday. Everything from reef energy, to lps pellets and reef roids.

salinity 1.025, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite all undetectable. Tmp 78. Ph 8.1-8.3. I use kalkwasser to replenish calcium and alk.
 
What’s your calc and alk levels now? How much flow and light is it getting?
 
phosphate levels? if your nitrate levels are undetectable then your phosphates are probably close to 0 as well. Low nutrients impact coral coloration.
 
Tank has been up and running for about 14 months. Check out all the Euphyllia thriving. It’s just this one torch I’m struggling with

1F2D2ADB-FA87-45CD-8293-C8283B2B5B54.png 28EB5EC8-9D21-4819-B393-BEC83E81E87F.jpeg D8685657-6CB7-4781-AD2D-2954DDE2795B.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new