ok Triton method setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about that the stuffs pretty potent plus it could percipatate out

And if that’s the case I would just do it by hand

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im Currently removing the baffles from my sump to make it wider for my cheato dont think I'm going to use triton thou its the same as using brs alk cal and Kent Elements in my opinion no need to spend 52+ on that ... and to make holes in the acrylic use a Diamond saw bit same bit youll cut glass with its so much easier

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol it' been working great so far .. This method has been working well for years for many reefers its just triton and brs has now put a spotlight on it... but ive been doing it for 8 months now and without using triton and I'm zeroed out on everything and my cheato is growing like crazy... to each their own

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol it' been working great so far .. This method has been working well for years for many reefers its just triton and brs has now put a spotlight on it... but ive been doing it for 8 months now and without using triton and I'm zeroed out on everything and my cheato is growing like crazy... to each their own
Agree. There's nothing wrong with having a larger than usual fuge area, which is what the Triton sumps provide. You can still maintain a large fuge and do regular water changes like usual rather than dosing all kinds of trace elements like Triton calls for.

In fact, this is exactly my intention. I bought a Triton sump for my new setup and don't intend, at least at this point, to use the full Triton method but I did want a large area to grow macros for better nutrient export. However, that doesn't mean down the road I wouldn't consider switching to Triton, and if so, I'd be set for equipment already.

reefaland310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Terry have you seen any negative affects from the change over to the triton method yet.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to buy that Trigger 44 for use as a normal sump. It has such a nice front area (fuge area) for a skimmer so you don't have to use a space saving design.

It came out a month after I ordered the blue 39. Just my luck!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back