Old School Deepwater Bali Shortcake

  • Thread starter Thread starter UWC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Oh interesting! I picked up a RR Asia Mariculture piece not too long ago that supposedly looked like that (before it browned out).
It currently looks like this:


Here is what the supplier picture looked like

I wonder if it'll ever regain those colors.
 
Actually doesn’t seem like there are many around.. or collectors growing them out. Not sure why, it’s such a beautiful coral :)

I would guess, a lot of the people that have them don't know it even has a name :) Since it's maricultured it's all over the world, although I would love some side by side pics of one with lineage and one that was cultured. I lost my maricultured piece last year when a bad bacterial infection was hitting random stuff.
 
8B6F5B31-BFEB-485E-91E3-26C67FCFC077.jpeg

Sorry for delay. My life is crazy busy right now. Just took this pic today. This colony is 3-4 years old. Its super sweet.
 
It is a really pretty piece. Grown from a small frag. Fast grower. Great color. This one is sitting around 450 par.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new