? on asterina stars

  • Thread starter Thread starter kimba
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kimba

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2015
Messages
379
Reaction score
106
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the little asterina stars (it was a hitch hicker from some newly purchased LR). At first I just saw 1, then 3 would be out and about, today I saw 7 on my glass. Is there anything wrong with having this many, and how many is too many?

Thanks
 
They'll find a number in equilibrium with food. Anything I see I toss, never trusting them not to be eating my zoa's.
 
I havn't seen them eating any coral. I see them mostly on the glass, wave maker and they like to hang iut on my snails. But wasn't sure what could happen if I had too many, or what.

thanks
 
I have the dreaded ones. Never had them on my zoas. I have a high nutrient and lots of available algae(not gross) and spots on the back glass I rarely clean for the snails. So its a balance. Once the population grows youll probably start culling.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new