One of our own needs some help and prayers!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received word this morning that one of our former moderators @143MPCo, wife, Maria has stage 3 cancer and they need some love, prayer and support. Alex has been a tremendous asset to this community over the years and I feel like we could really get behind him and his wife during this difficult time.

Alex gave me permission to share this so please feel free to leave a kind comment or even support them by making a donation to the fund for Maria and Alex. Alex is also a former member of the US Armed Forces.

Here is a link to the GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-ter...QyqXXCE39fjyIniSdTw7tYtj4qkmeuqRcjrqRjZ3dTHAI

We love you Alex and we are behind you and Maria!!!

49253478_1988598281219188_5407420295894007808_n.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having an issue with making a donation? Not sure if it is a network error on my end but I can't get it to post. Just kicks me back to the main page. :confused:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alex, prayers extended for Maria, you, the kids and her medical team. God bless you and your family during this difficult time. Love and miss you brother.

cvanchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Father God we come to you today in need of healing and comfort. Father we ask that you guide the physicians hands in treatment of Maria. We ask that You give Alex peace and comfort through these difficult times. Father You know the needs of this family and by the power of Jesus all things can be done. Father we pray for their family and friends as they too will have a troubled road ahead, give them strength and comfort through this.

In Jesus name!
Amen

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Father God we come to you today in need of healing and comfort. Father we ask that you guide the physicians hands in treatment of Maria. We ask that You give Alex peace and comfort through these difficult times. Father You know the needs of this family and by the power of Jesus all things can be done. Father we pray for their family and friends as they too will have a troubled road ahead, give them strength and comfort through this.

In Jesus name!
Amen

Amen......there is power in agreement.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello David and my R2R family,

I have so many emotions right now that it's VERY hard to put things into words. First, thank you all for the kind words and prayers, god knows we need them now more than ever. It's been so hard seeing my wife, the person I adore and love so very much go through this.

We first found out in Dec. of 2018, not wanting to ruin Xmas for the kinds we held back telling them until February of 2019, but it was the worst sinking feeling I've ever felt, to be honest, I'm still in shock. I have seen her go from a loving, fun partner to someone I don't recognize. She has lost so much weight, her hair is falling out, her skin has darkened, and the pain - my god the pain is unreal. Emotionally, I'm in so much pain just seeing what the chemo has done, that it's overwhelming. I can't tell you how many time I have broken down in secret, away from her and the kids.

I'm sitting here typing this to you all and fighting back the emotion and tears, I can't even think of a world without her. I feel so lost right now, I feel numb, I feel so many emotions, I feel anger, It's just so much.

We truly are not asking for anything from anyone, but please, please send her your prayers, we need them now more than ever!

This is such a tough fight!

Alex

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back