Online clam vendors?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After a few years away I am finally getting back into the hobby. I am wondering who are the good go to online clam vanders nowadays? Are there any blue Squamosa's out there?
Dude!! Welcome back!!

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently came back after 9 years gone, and I am also surprised at the lack of availability of clams. I get my maximas from Okinawa, and a supplier here says he can get them from Tonga, but that no one is interested in them anymore so that they don’t stock them. Fads have always been a thing, it seems the current fad is hyper-colored SPS, not clams.

gcavilte23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few years away I am finally getting back into the hobby. I am wondering who are the good go to online clam vanders nowadays? Are there any blue Squamosa's out there?
Mattscoral.com they have blue squamosa now, just bought 1

Shua71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a good experience with algaebarn. I purchased a gold that arrived DOA. They had trouble getting ahold of more but had ORA send me one direct

Mason Ciarpella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my blue squamosa clam from clam mania of instagram back around Christmas time. Really nice clams, healthy too, good prices and good packaging. Everything you can ask for.

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe clam mania is active
This guy straight up ghosted. Disappeared like a fart in the wind. I’ve sent multiple dms. Trying to get another clam from him but got zero response from him and his mods had no idea either. Think he tanked. Wish I was wrong because I had a credit for a DOA.

Chueco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater City still around after all these years. It was in Bellevue. Is it still there? I got my first T. gigas and a lot more animals from there. That was more than 25 years ago.
Yes, but pricy. Bellevue prices.

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy straight up ghosted. Disappeared like a fart in the wind. I’ve sent multiple dms. Trying to get another clam from him but got zero response from him and his mods had no idea either. Think he tanked. Wish I was wrong because I had a credit for a DOA.
He just re-appeared yesterday he was trapped on an island due to COVID19 lol

leilani908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clammania is back and active! Has just receive 700 clams straight from Tahiti the other day and is hoping to do a sale on Sunday. He had a Covid issue on the island that ended up causing a lot of clams to die. He was just live yesterday talking about it! Contact him about your credit so you can use it for the new clams :)

VAReefDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am, I saw some bigger maximas. But I'm not interested in the French poly maximas which is what the bigger ones usually are
Are these more likely to do poorly, is there a problem with the larger maximas? Reason I am asking is that I am looking for a maxima and my LFS said they are getting some 4-5 inch maximas but didn't know the source. Not sure if I should consider them or wait on a smaller cultured one?

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put my first order in with Pacific East Aquaculture, they have some beautiful clams right now. I can let you know how the experience goes!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are these more likely to do poorly, is there a problem with the larger maximas? Reason I am asking is that I am looking for a maxima and my LFS said they are getting some 4-5 inch maximas but didn't know the source. Not sure if I should consider them or wait on a smaller cultured one?
Usually maximas that size are wild caught. Most cultured clams are 3" or 3 1/2" and under (at least with my experience). Noae's are almost all wild caught from my knowledge, so care should be taken to inspect them (and all clams) for pyramid snails.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bought an blue squamosa from Matt's Corals and I'm very happy with it!

Attachments

• 20210430_183448.jpg
    20210430_183448.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 62

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back