Online viewing: Do you have a web camera for your aquarium?

Do you have a web camera for your aquarium?

• Yes, I have a webcam for my reef

Votes: 196 34.3%
  • No, but I have plans to add a webcam for my reef

Votes: 205 35.8%
  • No, I have no plans to add a webcam for my reef

Votes: 157 27.4%
  • Other

Votes: 14 2.4%

• Total voters

Pacific North Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ways to go before I get to the web cam point, but I've been thinking about it over the last couple days and that maybe something I look into down the road!

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask which webcam you use? You can often times buy the focal lenses.
Here is what I got. I don't think it can be modified easily, but hey, $20 is worth a roll of the dice.

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a two ring cameras; one for the display and one for the sump. They really give me piece of mind when out of town
A42B119C-D6D9-4638-9AAF-CCA140A9ED1E.png
1557C7CF-9C50-47BF-8039-AD95AF2D9FDA.png

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like today's poll. Simple question leads to people posting pics of amazing setups I had not yet crossed on the forum. Keep 'em coming while I count down the hours until the weekend.
Use a second for the sump when I'm not home. Otherwise I have it view my electronics
Screenshot_20230331_195647_Wyze.jpg

Crazydiamond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you set up your tank for remote viewing? Whether you want to follow up on an alarm when you aren’t home, do a wellness check on your tank from a distance, or just stare at your tank from afar, a web camera can be an interesting addition to the technology that supports your tank and expands your capabilities. Do you have a web camera for your reef tank? Have you thought about adding one? Do you have any recommendations or maybe things to avoid? In the following discussion thread, please tell us about your thoughts about installing and using a aquarium web cam!

Hasted_Webcam.jpeg

Photo by @Hasted

Crazydiamond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one to monitor my external protein skimmer performance. Every time the automatic neck cleaner spins. (Which is like for one minute every three hours) I get a notification on my phone

Attachments

• 8FB146BA-1ED1-4479-8DD9-629C68E043B7.png
    8FB146BA-1ED1-4479-8DD9-629C68E043B7.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 57

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the waze only because it was free with some other purchase. not sure if I'd choose it over anything else... not a fan of subscriptions... I don't subscribe so no recordings only live view.
IMG_6253.JPG

Jharris032

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that I setup only when out-of-town. My apex tells me a lot, but being able to visually see what is happening and confirm what my apex is telling me is priceless. Its a bit stressful when you are away and have to start manipulating things remotely and blindly.
What you said +1

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are putting in new tanks at the high school I teach at and the students keep asking for a livestream of the tanks. Any camera suggestions?
I use a ring camera… and it was very cost effective with pretty good clarity on the picture… I am pleased! It’s always up and running and I can check it around the world!

besskurz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that I setup only when out-of-town. My apex tells me a lot, but being able to visually see what is happening and confirm what my apex is telling me is priceless. Its a bit stressful when you are away and have to start manipulating things remotely and blindly.
I wish the Apex Fusion software would support a cloud feed from another service. They support a camera feed in the software but its only useful if you want to expose the camera public or somehow serve up from a DVR.

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at a few of these lately, the Juwel Smart Cam and the TMC Reef-Cam (possibly discontinued) which are both submersible, and the Autoaqua Qeye, which sits on the outside of the glass held on with a magnet on the inside. So far the Qeye looks best, but I've yet to see any of them in the flesh. They're all cheap.

Janelle.chew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you set up your tank for remote viewing? Whether you want to follow up on an alarm when you aren’t home, do a wellness check on your tank from a distance, or just stare at your tank from afar, a web camera can be an interesting addition to the technology that supports your tank and expands your capabilities. Do you have a web camera for your reef tank? Have you thought about adding one? Do you have any recommendations or maybe things to avoid? In the following discussion thread, please tell us about your thoughts about installing and using a aquarium web cam!

Hasted_Webcam.jpeg

Photo by @Hasted
This would show if my emerald crab is eating my corals or the snails?

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This would show if my emerald crab is eating my corals or the snails?
That definitely sounds like a good application for the camera, and the results may well pay for itself based on how many corals it could save!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back