Onyx Fixture

NightStar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are people's thoughts on rapidled's onyx fixture? Specifically for a mixed reef, sps heavy?

OP
OP
NightStar

NightStar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag flat, a lot of designer sps grow out, 60"x30"x10". Wanting good sps coloration and growth in leds, not really looking at halides or t5.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see it in the specs but I would guess that light having a 24" x 24" coverage. The Basic Blackboxes get the same coverage for a good bit lower price point(you can remove the lenses and get a bit more coverage and with the tank depth that wouldn't be an issue IMHO). You may want to look into a DIY setup for a 60" tank.

For grow out, even spread and good color (and I know you said not interested) I think T5 is the way to go. To keep down on shadowing you may still want a couple bulbs even when LED is your primary light source.

FcSteve777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and like it but i only bought it because they were offering 100$ off. Their warranty seems to be top notch. If you go black box i would stay away from the COB ones so if you have a diode fail you can just replace it. I did order some diffusion film to cut back on the disco ball effect tho.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back