Orange/Pink Sea Cucumber?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I got this bright pink and orange sea cucumber today and was just wondering if anyone else has seen them or know much about them...I've only seen them once before and to be honest it looks more like a cross between a sea cucumber and a sea apple than just a sea cucumber... anyone know much about these guys? It was sold to me as a sea cucumber and it's about 2" long. It's absolutely beautiful in person! IMG_20220519_172804.jpg IMG_20220519_193502.jpg

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sea cucumber. maybe one of the filter feeding ones, maybe not.
Cool...If I had to guess I'd guess it's a filter feeder because it hasn't been very mobile but I'm really not sure...if so, he should be happy with my daily Phyto dosing

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like Cercodemas anceps (revised to Pentacta anceps?). They are often more bumpy than this and can have more yellow and green in addition to the orange and pink. A filter feeder.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like Cercodemas anceps (revised to Pentacta anceps?). They are often more bumpy than this and can have more yellow and green in addition to the orange and pink. A filter feeder.
Here is a cool video I found of one eating:

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's awesome!! Thanks for the video! I can tell he definitely responds to light...I turned my whites on for the picture and he started raising his front side up towards the light
Here is a cool video I found of one eating:

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's awesome!! Thanks for the video! I can tell he definitely responds to light...I turned my whites on for the picture and he started raising his front side up towards the light
Cool! I've never kept one. I hope it goes well! With reef roids and phyto, this should be a keep-able species.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I've never kept one. I hope it goes well! With reef roids and phyto, this should be a keep-able species.
I certainly hope he does well too! I feed reef roids twice weekly and Phyto nightly but I'll start adding just a little extra Phyto in the morning too because he seems to like feeding in the light

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back