Orange Worm

I'm honestly shocked you were able to catch it. I tried for about two weeks with very complex and smelly traps and gave up. I should have stuck it out.

"Bobbit" is a general term, but yes, it usually refers to eunicid worms. Judging by the head of the worm in the pic you posted, that seems to be a eunicid.
My gosh. Pray for me.
 
I'm honestly shocked you were able to catch it. I tried for about two weeks with very complex and smelly traps and gave up. I should have stuck it out.

"Bobbit" is a general term, but yes, it usually refers to eunicid worms. Judging by the head of the worm in the pic you posted, that seems to be a eunicid.
Thanks for the info
 
I wouldn't worry too much. They're very rare, and it's usually just one. If you see any others, don't panic ... those are probably just bristle worms, but it will still weird you out. The PTSD is real :P
 
Runic is cover over 200 species including bobbit but in this stage/size not yet a threat
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new