Oregon Blue Tort tissue loss from power head

Valhalla Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Messages
90
Reaction score
88
Location
White Rock BC Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I’m looking for some advice on what I should do to try and salvage one of my favorite acros…my Oregon Blue Tort.
(Ive had it for 5months and bought it as a 2” Frag.)

After repositioning one of my Tunze powerheads (6095)…I noticed after a few days that unfortunately one side was beginning to RTN. Rookie move of blowing tissue away…happened to a birds nest a couple years back too.

Its now been almost 2weeks and even though I’ve moved the powerhead …the OBT continues to slowly lose tissue.
Im curious to hear advice from seasoned Acro experts on what steps re best to take to give this coral best chance to mend and recover.

1.Should I simply give it time?
2.Relocate to lower light area to recover?
3.Cut away bare sections and apply glue to cut edges ? (Or this only if bacterial issue)
4. Frag off what’s healthy and re-mount?
 
I would try a gentle dip (i like the one from fauna marin and melafix) and leave it alone.
Maybe place in a lower spot also.

IF the stn continues after the dip then i would cut a healthy branch and discard the rest.
Ok Appreciated- I’ll do that. Fingers crossed. Cheers and thanks
 
Upvote 0
You got some pics?
1630898134376.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • D7607F77-839E-4D0D-B298-825585349195.jpeg
    D7607F77-839E-4D0D-B298-825585349195.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new