OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My baby Australian HT. He is only a little larger than 3 inches, still with his baby spots but is exceptional colorful.
HarlequinTusk2018120601.jpg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this brown out Montipora for free. After a while in my sump I think this coral is something special. Multicolored Montipora, however the multi-colored all over, not just on the leading edge. What do you guys think?
RainbowMonti2019041401.jpg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few recent pictures.
1. King of the tank.
BlueThroatFairy2019040401.jpg

2. Exquisite Fairy wrasse. I think he has a parasite, that doe snot really affect his health too much. I cannot catch him to treat him. Fortunately he does not seem to spread this out to other fishes.
ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019041301Ulcer.jpg

Fat Purple tang
PurpleTang2019041201.jpg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found a small multicolor Gigantea at the Corpus Petco. After, QT and treatment, he is in my DT at this time. I also though a friend purchase a very beautiful Magnifica. He did not need to be treated. Below are two recent pictures of these two new addition.
PetcoGigantea2019041201.jpg

GreenPurpleMagnifica2019032303.jpg

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently found a small multicolor Gigantea at the Corpus Petco. After, QT and treatment, he is in my DT at this time. I also though a friend purchase a very beautiful Magnifica. He did not need to be treated. Below are two recent pictures of these two new addition.
PetcoGigantea2019041201.jpg

GreenPurpleMagnifica2019032303.jpg

You have some awesome anemones Minh! I see mostly Gigs and the new Mag, all of which are stunning. I think I saw a red Haddoni in an earlier video. Still have him?

I have a large Merten’s that is very hardy and doing well. Hopefully, it will match nicely with the A. Chrysogasters I have in quarantine.

I would so love to get a red Haddoni and maybe a couple of western Aussie black clark’s go with it. My hope would be they would discourage other fish from getting close.
I have an 8 foot tank now,s0 maybe that will help as well.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!
Mark

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 red Haddoni, and still have the larger one. I lost the other very bright Red.
I don't loose that many fish to my multiple carpets, but do loose them occasionally, you should expect the same. I recently lost two fishes, a Black Leopard and a Carpenter wrasse. I am not sure then these disappeared. I notice I only have one Black Leopard instead of two and cannot find my Carpenter wrasse. Both were healthy and fat last seen. This is the only two over the last 2 years, and I have a lot of carpets.
In a large tank, I doubt that Clarki clown fish would stay put. Even at opposite side of the tank, your Chrysogasters and Clarkii will have some skirmish, IMO. The more dominant pair will claim both carpets and the other pair will likely not mature, which can be OK. You should not expect two mature pairs of large clowns in your tank.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several of my wrasses today:

Black Leopard
BlackLeopardWrasse2019041801.jpg

China Wrasse
ChinaWrasse2019041801.jpg

Eightline Flasher. Turning but not fully. I think the males in the tank is suppressing her from fully change. She grew larger but not color up as I hope for
EightlineFlasher2019041801.jpg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that due to maturing or food?
Both I think. If you look at the ratio of the eyes to the rest of the head you can see that the size of the fish increase significantly. They size of the eyes does not increase with the growth rate as the rest of the fish.This is due to food. The Eight lone increased from about 1.5 inches to 3+ inches while the Bluethroat increased from about 2 inches to 3.75 inches. The Bluethroat is the dominant wrasse in the tank thus fully developed in color while that Eightline is not a dominant wrasse, so his color and fin development halted or slowdown considerably prior to fully change, but he continue to growth in size.
I am not sure exactly what you are asking so I try t answer as best as I could.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back