Orphek Reef Daylight Plus Data

Dana Riddle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here's some spectral data on a 120cm (48") Reef Daylight Plus LED luminaire. Shown are overall output (taken at 30" from light), UV output, and infrared out (this is of particular interest since radiation at 740nm can be absorbed by Photosystem I's Pigment 700, thus preventing possible electron bottlenecks and damage to Photosystem II.)
upload_2019-4-11_8-22-5.png

upload_2019-4-11_8-22-54.png

upload_2019-4-11_8-25-0.png

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Very interesting, Dana! Little visible red spectrum with high infrared in red.

OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Very interesting, Dana! Little visible red spectrum with high infrared in red.
I have a jig partially built for use on a 90-gallon tank I use for testing lights. Not sure how far this IR radiation will penetrate a water column (judging on attenuation of 840nm radiation, the 740 should be OK. There's plenty of data on absorbance of radiation by water, but these usually deal in scale of meters. We need data by inches.)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a jig partially built for use on a 90-gallon tank I use for testing lights. Not sure how far this IR radiation will penetrate a water column (judging on attenuation of 840nm radiation, the 740 should be OK. There's plenty of data on absorbance of radiation by water, but these usually deal in scale of meters. We need data by inches.)
Is it scalable from meters to Inches?

OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is it scalable from meters to Inches?
It could be done - crudely - and be linear with the scale available to me. One of those few times where it is actually easier to conduct the procedure using my spectrometer... I'll try to get this done soon and incorporate it into next month's presentation in Atlanta (and post here, of course.)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
It could be done - crudely - and be linear with the scale available to me. One of those few times where it is actually easier to conduct the procedure using my spectrometer... I'll try to get this done soon and incorporate it into next month's presentation in Atlanta (and post here, of course.)
Looking forward to seeing your presentation, Dana! Your Macna 2016 one is legendary! Good stuff! I still reference that one from time to time!