ORPHEK V4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have been reading about the new V4 units ,is there any tanks under these to show the benefits to corals .I am running 2 x v3 and 2 radions was looking to putting one or two more units on my tank I am aware that the spectrum will be different but hope I can get a balance with the V3 I'm currently using.Also are there any discounts for UK customers or will they have to be shipped from the US.

Bill

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how do does the Atlantiks compare to your Radions? Do you see anything improvement vise versa? I'm looking to upgrade to V4 as well or going to Radion completely.

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thle009
Thats what im trying to determine which way to go because of the tank size i am not going radions it would need too many units its betwn ATI power module or another orphek the question with orpheks as i had issues with but like the light spectrum and wanted to see some results with the V4 as its a different spectrum which is untested or just get another V3.
bill

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told that Atlantik V4 is the closest thing to T5. But I haven't seen any study on that. Also, there is a very small customer base in the reefing community/forum. So it's hard to get any feedback, not sure if that's the reason why my costumer service experience with the manufacturer hasn't been all that great. And that's another reason for me to hesitate to purchase from them again.

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi
iknow what you mean i probably had the same experience and also struggling with a decision and wanted to see a tank with V4 on it.
Bill

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have decided which way to go with the lights , I am keeping the 2 x V3 which are mounted on DD rails across the front/middle and have ordered a V4 to go on the back with wide lenses should be ok .The difference in spectrum will be similar to using halides and T5's ( hopefully).So removing the 2 radions it will be equivalent in power use costs. I have a iquatics stainless steel hanging rails already fitted so there will be no need to hang from the ceiling which I wanted to avoid.
thanks Bill

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corey
The V4 I received had a problem so I returned it and they kindly custom made a V4 with the V3 spectrum leds to match my other 2 V3's I had so I cant really comment on them.This is my tank pics as of yesterday'
Bill

_DSC3870fts.jpg

_DSC3870fts.jpg

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corey
Tank is 54'' x 30'' x 30''i have a tank thread running with all details. I have 2 x Orphek V2 converted to v3 leds along the front and a V4 with V3 leds and a radion g3 pro along the back. I struggled with lights having tried various combo's but I'm happy with these. I have good growth and colour throughout the tank and have SSC growing at the bottom , middle and top 7 in total. The easier corals monti,pocci grow like mad and I have to trim all the time ,I have lost several due to cal reactor failures so I have now added a doser to stabilise things and monitored by a KH guardian /doser . If your thinking of V4 I would say make sure you have a look at a tank with them over and that the spectrum is to your liking.
Bill

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they come with preprogrammed options like the radion? I have a friend local who has V2 (I think, maybe a 3)over his tank and likes them. I'm currently running a single 400 radium on my tank.

Corey

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corey
I think the V2.1B had the best spectrum in my opinion but the leds were not rated higher enough, the V3 are also good .The V4 have a different spectrum I believe and could not give an opinion as mine was faulty so I returned it and they made a custom V4 with V3 leds to match my others but the lenses need removing or changing for my liking . You really need to see lights on a tank before making any considerations as its a big investment read the Orphek website for the settings to be more accurate. The radium halides for me cannot be beaten but I couldn't control the heat etc.
Bill

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back