Ozone: How do you use it? What is stopping you?

Ozone: Scary, Valuable, or Just Misunderstood?

• Total voters

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my program. I have an overflow sensor build in the skimmer. If the skimmer stop, Ozone stop. If I was feeding my fish (when the sump pump) slow down to 1 % during feeding, Ozonizer stop. When I am doing maintenance work in the tank (I use FeedD) ozonizer stop. When I dose amino acid (FeedB), ozonizer stop. When OPR reading over 430, ozonizer stop. When AC power off, UPS kick in, Ozonizer stop.
I also have a program for the air pump with 2 airstones in the sump. Whenever the Ozonizer turn on, air pump will pump in extra air to the water inside the sump and it will keep on for 10 mins. after the ozonizer switch off to get rid of the leftover/unused ozone in the water.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-22 162402.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-22 162402.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 27

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

So everything checks out: cleaned and calibrated ORP probe, double and triple checked everything.

It seems like ozone in my tank maxes out and it won’t climb after a certain amount of time.

is this possible?

You mean the ORP maxes out, right, not ozone?

it could be the ORP is now more heavily buffered for some reason (more trace elements for example), or the ozone actually delivered is less.

In any case, I see no reason to worry about it.

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean the ORP maxes out, right, not ozone?

it could be the ORP is now more heavily buffered for some reason (more trace elements for example), or the ozone actually delivered is less.

In any case, I see no reason to worry about it.
Yes sir, ORP.. sorry. Its happening again. It won't go up past 361 right now. See the graph? It's all weird. It was working fine overnight.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 5.02.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 5.02.29 PM.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Sean Clark

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir, ORP.. sorry. Its happening again. It won't go up past 361 right now. See the graph? It's all weird. It was working fine overnight.
Do you have any forced air on your setup (air pump or vacuum pump) or is it just passive through your skimmer?

OP
OP
Sean Clark

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pulled by the skimmer. I should add an air pump..
I am just theorizing that perhaps the draw from your skimmer may not be pulling enough air to make full use of the ozone. Some of the ozone may be reacting before it makes it into the water. Just a theory but I have an air pump on mine and have no issue with 200mg/h on 200 gallons. I have my generator set to 4/10. All systems are different with different organics though.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back