P4 ios17

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need troubleshooting help. This is my new profilux Home Screen after updating to ios17
IMG_2569.png

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s a bummer :( doesn’t appear I can go back.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes, GHL Connect and the web interface currently have a problem working with iOS 17.

However, the app was tested and working with iOS 17 in mid-August and unfortunately we discovered this new problem at the end of last week.

GHL is of course actively working to resolve this issue.

Gaël

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call. I was at least able to see all my gear but it times out establishing a p4 connection. Also times out using same way my wife’s phone… I’ve reset the box a few times- I see green WiFi. Any other ideas?

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually looks like a subsequent reset did do the trick and I can connect with the wife’s phone. Thanks for the help.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Previously they suggested (not for this specific issue, but a connectivity issue none the less) to put your phone in airplane mode then back to normal, then try and connect.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you didn’t get the GHL email.

What to do?
- If possible, avoid iOS 17 for a while until a solution is found - either through a workaround on our part or through an iOS or Safari update.
- If not possible: Then use myGHL or web interface with alternative browser.

I will say I haven’t gotten it to work yet with Google or DuckDuckGo but I also can’t rule out it being me :) I get to where I see my gear but it fails to establish the connection.

Last edited:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems on Ventura OS using Chrome or Safari, if you have a macboook or desktop.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you didn’t get the GHL email.

What to do?
- If possible, avoid iOS 17 for a while until a solution is found - either through a workaround on our part or through an iOS or Safari update.
- If not possible: Then use myGHL or web interface with alternative browser.

I will say I haven’t gotten it to work yet with Google or DuckDuckGo but I also can’t rule out it being me :) I get to where I see my gear but it fails to establish the connection.
Thank you, I disabled auto iOS update.
Really odd issue.

I had the connection issue you describe about two weeks ago, just pain in the ****. I was in the middle of installing KH director and I pulled out the last few hair I have…. It is good that portion of the installation can be done with P4 control display. Not ideal but….

Hope they resolve it ASAP.
Feel like second class citizens using Apple on GHL.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Joe's Coral Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
With the beta I still have panels that will not load. Even before this latest issue the connectivity is so frustrating sometimes, argh. What causes all the latency within the different panels on the dashboard? Is it the profliux, my wifi router or a ghl server? When I compare it to apex or hydros they are just lighting fast. It almost seems like they cache the data from the last session then update it, while ghl has to connect to the device and pull all the data a new. Certain ones like charts and sensors are notorious for not loading. In my mind I hear the old dial up modem noises as the little rings go round and round. It is really the one sticking point with ghl is the painfully slow connections.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the beta I still have panels that will not load. Even before this latest issue the connectivity is so frustrating sometimes, argh. What causes all the latency within the different panels on the dashboard? Is it the profliux, my wifi router or a ghl server? When I compare it to apex or hydros they are just lighting fast. It almost seems like they cache the data from the last session then update it, while ghl has to connect to the device and pull all the data a new. Certain ones like charts and sensors are notorious for not loading. In my mind I hear the old dial up modem noises as the little rings go round and round. It is really the one sticking point with ghl is the painfully slow connections.
The switchover to the new server is not yet done, will be the next step.
Gaël

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the beta I still have panels that will not load. Even before this latest issue the connectivity is so frustrating sometimes, argh. What causes all the latency within the different panels on the dashboard?

It is a lack of dedicated resources and a less than optimal data model.

For the sake of repeating myself - I absolutely love my GHL stuff but will not excuse the insanely poor dashboard performance or dashboard functionality for a product that costs this much money.

In fact - With each passing day the performance is becoming more of a sore spot with me. There really is no excuse. The dashboard performance is absolutely unacceptable. Speeding it up by 100% would be a step in the right direction but still not acceptable.

Reality:
Those hosted resources cost money, significant money. GHL pays for server resources (CPU, Memory), bandwidth and storage, as well as backups, code maintenance, etc.

This means that for every day that you don't buy new products or consumables from GHL, they are paying to host/server YOUR device dashboard. Those hosting costs are are eating into the profit from your prior purchases. If you buy a single P4 or mini, whatever or even a used one from somebody.. GHL must host your data and access. The more the user count, the more the access requests and the more the resources become loaded. To keep things at an acceptable speed more resources must be turned up at an increased cost. So if GHL makes $300 profit from your single purchase, then part or all of that $300 profit goes back into paying your hosting costs for the life of the device even if you sell it to somebody else.

It follows (unfortunately) that they have a vested interest to spend the absolute minimum amount of money on hosted resources as possible and that means the unsavory calculus is allowing as much customer frustration as can be tolerated without spending more money.

I have no idea how many servers or what resources are allocated, but the allocation is several magnitudes too small for acceptable performance. Architecture of the end to end setup may also not be optimal, but I am too lazy to dig into the tech stack to speak to that.

Possible "fixes" for this are continued price increases where the hosting costs can be somewhat recovered, or a subscription based model to cover the hosting.

More reality:
Either way customers will be unhappy and there will still be the hosting cost vs (universal) customer misery resource allocation model in effect. Be it an AWS database allocation or the number of phone lines dedicated to a dial-up internet service provider... recurring billed resources cost money and eat into profits.

So the model is pretty standard, the issue here is that GHLs perception of acceptable speed and mine are not anywhere nearly in sync. The previous poster is correct, this is as bad or worse honestly than DSL or dialup and there is no reasonable excuse.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is a lack of dedicated resources and a less than optimal data model.

For the sake of repeating myself - I absolutely love my GHL stuff but will not excuse the insanely poor dashboard performance or dashboard functionality for a product that costs this much money.

In fact - With each passing day the performance is becoming more of a sore spot with me. There really is no excuse. The dashboard performance is absolutely unacceptable. Speeding it up by 100% would be a step in the right direction but still not acceptable.

Reality:
Those hosted resources cost money, significant money. GHL pays for server resources (CPU, Memory), bandwidth and storage, as well as backups, code maintenance, etc.

This means that for every day that you don't buy new products or consumables from GHL, they are paying YOUR device hosting costs that are eating into the profit from your prior purchases. If you buy a single P4 or mini, whatever or even a used one from somebody.. GHL must host your data and access and the more data and access the requests, the more the resources needed to keep things running at an acceptable speed and the more the cost. So if GHL makes $300 profit from your single purchase, then part or all of that $300 profit goes back into paying your hosting costs for the life of the device even if you sell it to somebody else.

It follows (unfortunately) that they have a vested interest to spend the absolute minimum amount of money on hosted resources as possible and that means the unsavory calculus is allowing as much customer frustration as can be tolerated without spending more money.

I have no idea how many servers or what resources are allocated, but the allocation is several magnitudes too small for acceptable performance. Architecture of the end to end setup may also not be optimal, but I am too lazy to dig into the tech stack to speak to that.

Possible "fixes" for this are continued price increases where the hosting costs can be somewhat recovered, or a subscription based model to cover the hosting.

More reality:
Either way customers will be unhappy and there will still be the hosting cost vs (universal) customer misery resource allocation model in effect. Be it an AWS database allocation or the number of phone lines dedicated to a dial-up internet service provider... recurring billed resources cost money and eat into profits.

So the model is pretty standard, the issue here is that GHLs perception of acceptable speed and mine are not anywhere nearly in sync. The previous poster is correct, this is as bad or worse honestly than DSL or dialup and there is no reasonable excuse.
Even though I don’t like a certain competitors equipment, their dashboard seemed to work flawlessly. Maybe that has changed because I haven’t used them for about 7 years but they seemed to have gotten it right.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back