Paired clowns aggression to other fish

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have 2 clowns that are paired. Maybe like 6 months ago they killed 1 fish a cardinal finaly i decided to get some more fish. They are still very aggressive, i have re arrainged the rocks and it got a bit better.

I added a blue hippo and a yellow tang. Any recomendations ? I think i know the answer but just wanted to confirm

I didnt want to give away one of the clowns because i had him for over 6 years but its too much im affraid the tangs will stress and get ich :(

Thanks in advance
20190216_211723.jpeg

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? If large enough you can perhaps rearrange the aquascape. You can also try removing the clowns for a few days, rearannaging your scape and returning them.

Tangs don’t get ich from stress.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned it would help to know the tank size. As for the clowns, sites keep perpetuating the myth that ocellaris variety clownfish are peaceful when they most definitely are not. Clownfish can become ultra territorial/aggressive once established.

OP
OP
Edgar F

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 60 gal the male I got that one first but the female is larger .....and yes they are very territorial for sure .

They are not happy in the sump hehe

OP
OP
Edgar F

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 60 gal the male I had him first the female it's larger for sure .... They are not happy in the sump hehe

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 gallon is to small for those tangs for very long. My half grown Yellow Tang took over my 90 gallon in just over a month.

OP
OP
Edgar F

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 gallon is to small for those tangs for very long. My half grown Yellow Tang took over my 90 gallon in just over a month.
Well i took out my clowns goinf to get a new one ....thw tanks seems so peacefull now . I miss my clowns tho :(

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my clowns got mature and began breeding they claimed an area in my tank about 2'x2'....about the size of your tank. I agree your tank really isn't big enough for long term keeping of a tang.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank was well established you could've got them an anemone, that would've lessoned the agresion. My two 9 year old maroons only get protective if they have eggs to protect.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back