Does this count as reef-keeping? lol
86898D92-5394-40D9-971B-F1AC897EC42F.jpeg

soter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Pancho, again and as I commented in the CAM my best wishes for you and hope your recovery quickly for this big lost. I don't want to imagine or go through something as unfortunate as this.

on the other hand, what's going with you restart process? are you planning to take the advantage of this unfortunately accident to made some changes in your current setup?

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Pancho, again and as I commented in the CAM my best wishes for you and hope your recovery quickly for this big lost. I don't want to imagine or go through something as unfortunate as this.

on the other hand, what's going with you restart process? are you planning to take the advantage of this unfortunately accident to made some changes in your current setup?
Hey @soter ! good to have you here.

Yes, the crash sucks but I am re-building, the Apex with an additional power bar should be here by Wednesday. The dream is to add DOS for dosing, AFS and two COR-20 pumps. Regarding new inhabitants I will take it slow as I want to introduce some calm fish that were not possible before. I do want a Copper Band, Mandarin, Engineer And Diamond Gobies, Black Benny, Blue, Yellow, Tomini and Purple Tangs, Magnificent Fox Fox, Coris, Green, Cleaner and Melanarus Wrasses, Flame, Regal and Pygmy Angels, another nem and 5 firefish. That is the list so far but got to save some money to do it ;Dead. The Apex will be the start, it is a new journey ;Nailbiting.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 100 L water change is done, the corals are holding and the nem is looking good again. :D

The Melanarus went into the sand bed since two days ago and has not come out maybe MIA. :( The clownfish and the orange spotted goby are behaving normal. Water chemistry is good so patience, patience, patience and re-build. :cool:

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @soter ! good to have you here.

Yes, the crash sucks but I am re-building, the Apex with an additional power bar should be here by Wednesday. The dream is to add DOS for dosing, AFS and two COR-20 pumps. Regarding new inhabitants I will take it slow as I want to introduce some calm fish that were not possible before. I do want a Copper Band, Mandarin, Engineer And Diamond Gobies, Black Benny, Blue, Yellow, Tomini and Purple Tangs, Magnificent Fox Fox, Coris, Green, Cleaner and Melanarus Wrasses, Flame, Regal and Pygmy Angels, another nem and 5 firefish. That is the list so far but got to save some money to do it ;Dead. The Apex will be the start, it is a new journey ;Nailbiting.

That is a sweet stock list!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready for the re-build, I found this today when I got home. ;Woot
5E48A3DC-8F86-40D0-802C-0F824A9CB69E.jpeg
Are you getting Trident do you think Pancho?

It’s not available in the UK yet but I’m definitely getting it when it arrives

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting Trident do you think Pancho?

It’s not available in the UK yet but I’m definitely getting it when it arrives
It does looks like Christmas Shaun ! LOL.

Honestly I was avoiding the whole controlling thing but now that I have taken the plunge with Neptune definitely Trident is in the plan but given the lack of supply at the moment I will focus first in the DOS, ATF and COR-20s. I think it will be good to have the whole Apex-Trident-DOS system working o_O . How about you, I think you can control two systems with one Apex, right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew would love a controller. He would like the one that works with Alexa. It's gonna be a while.
That is a great idea, I know a guy in DC who has his Apex paired with Alexa it does look cool !

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooray! Glad the Neptune stuff arrived safely and the remaining stock seems to be recovering well. Looking forward to the Apex setup plan, whatever it ends up being.
Thanks @Blutspitze I cannot match your DIY skills but I will try ! ;Nailbiting

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPR1968 @GoVols I am thinking on the Apex installation and wandering if you guys screw the controller and the energy bar directly into the Red Sea panels or if I should put a wood piece and mount the controller there.

I will remove the original Red Sea power center. Thank you for your input.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back