The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man....

;Sorry... Pancho

:(

Man, so sorry for your losses! Hang in there!

Oh man. What an absolute bummer.

Thank you guys, I am really sad, the plumber who was hired to fix a leak in the house pump pipe yesterday did not finish the job due to lack of spares and to “avoid” wasting water switched off the hole house (he did not know about my tank inside).

I lost:
- Flame angel
- Two pygmy angels
- Yellow tang
- Blue tang
- Fox Face
- Mandarin goby
- Coris wrasse
- Six lines wrasse
- Firefish
- Female clownfish
- Chromis

The Melanarus and the male clownfish are alive but in very poor conditions both were taken to the LFS to see if they can make it. Also my hammers (wall and branch), frogspawn and torch are looking very bad. [emoji24]

The only fish who is in ok condition is my Diamond goby.

I will think for a couple of days before deciding what to do.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys, I am really sad, the plumber who was hired to fix a leak in the house pump pipe yesterday did not finish the job due to lack of spares and to “avoid” wasting water switched off the hole house (he did not know about my tank inside).

I lost:
- Flame angel
- Two pygmy angels
- Yellow tang
- Blue tang
- Fox Face
- Mandarin goby
- Coris wrasse
- Six lines wrasse
- Firefish
- Female clownfish
- Chromis

The Melanarus and the male clownfish are alive but in very poor conditions both were taken to the LFS to see if they can make it. Also my hammers (wall and branch), frogspawn and torch are looking very bad. [emoji24]

The only fish who is in ok condition is my Diamond goby.

I will think for a couple of days before deciding what to do.
Wow Pancho, I’m really really sorry my friend.

I actually don’t know what to say. We’ve followed each other from the very start of this adventure and then something like this happens.......

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is devastating, Pancho. Seems like an honest mistake, but I still feel like he owes you, He at least should have let you know what was going on. I learned always tell contractors about the tank.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your losses really terrible . Shutting of a whole house to save some water.......he should have left that decision to you the home owner and contacted you not knowing your situation :(
Wish the best for you

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Pancho, I’m really really sorry my friend.

I actually don’t know what to say. We’ve followed each other from the very start of this adventure and then something like this happens.......

That is devastating, Pancho. Seems like an honest mistake, but I still feel like he owes you, He at least should have let you know what was going on. I learned always tell contractors about the tank.

Sorry to hear this @PanchoG :(

So sorry for your losses really terrible . Shutting of a whole house to save some water.......he should have left that decision to you the home owner and contacted you not knowing your situation :(
Wish the best for you

Thank you all, I do appreciate it. This is punch in the guts for me but been in this community helps a lot. Some of the fish had 3 years in my tank, I never experienced something like this in my 10 years of reefing. I estimate the tank stayed more than 10 hours without power. I am really unhappy but the true blame is only on me. I should have prevented this. [emoji37]

At least one good news, the Melanarus and the male Clownfish recovered in the LFS and will return to my tank hopefully before the end of this week.

My torch, hammers and frogspawn are not looking good, I hope they can recover, I’ll keep an eye on them. In the meantime I cancelled a couple of acros that were about to be shipped to avoid putting more life stock at risk.

Definitely I am not a quitter, it feels bad but I won’t give up but I will not put more fish at risk. I already ordered an Apex and will try to set it up at the end of the month when I go home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more losses, a couple of acros in the rack went completely white overnight, I will keep them there to see if they can bounce back. One of my stylophora also started to bleach but I think it should be fine. My nem seems to be improving though is still looking sad.

I also ordered the additional energy bar for the Apex. Life has to go on.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcome to my firefish if you'd like. Healthy. I know it isn't an expensive fish, but I don't have any other livestock like you lost.

Thank you @Katrina71, it is very thoughtful [emoji846]. I do want a new firefish, in my opinion they have a nice personality.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the plumber licensed and insured? I would be getting them to pay for everything.

He did not know, it won’t be fair. They were my pets, I should have prevent this. Now I can only learn from it.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear some survival stories and that your moving ahead with a plan to rebuild, you have skills bringing a slice of ocean to life in your home.

Thank you man, I love the hobby.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back