OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations with the ido they are so beautiful. Ones I see are all very big around me.
Thank you Crabby, yes, I was lucky to get a “small” one. He likes to show off, so I am very happy.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Launch in a small local vineyard.
3BD739FA-DC71-4976-BC80-BD10EB25C185.jpeg
60177BE8-2255-4A55-8E77-C1F47E325014.jpeg

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya Pancho, I figure you should be out of that carb coma from the winery by now So how’s family, tank, and yourself doing ? Hope all are doing splendidly
Hello Ray, sorry for the long absence, I needed the break. Family is doing good, kids are growing so adjusting to the new stage

The tank is doing good, it took me a while but I have brought down the alk to 7.5 - 8.0 level and the colors are back. Here it is a video.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ray, sorry for the long absence, I needed the break. Family is doing good, kids are growing so adjusting to the new stage

The tank is doing good, it took me a while but I have brought down the alk to 7.5 - 8.0 level and the colors are back. Here it is a video.

No worries my friend. We all need to unplug now and again.
I hear you on adjusting with kids growing up. Mine are 33 and 30 I have earned the grey hairs :)
It can be a challenge adjusting to the new norms as they grow.
Your tank is spectacular! So many show pieces can’t pic a favorite in that bunch

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pancho,
Fully respect the staying tuned in with your kids.

Your reef is stunning!!

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Looks a perfect place to be with the ones you love.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is been a while since I posted anything, my reef was quite okish, for a while until a had a combo of my messing with the DOS dosing system, totally screwing it up and a little health hiccup, I had vertigo, so the reef went unattended for a couple of months.

As you can imagine, I had a bleaching episode, a lost a lot of coral growth, lost my hammers and even a melanarus who decided to find a small gap in the net a jump to his death.

Now the reef is slowly coming back, corals are regaining growth and I added a very small puffer and a couple of sebae clownfish. As a side effect of my little messed up I am battling hair algae that I believe will take me a couple of months to win, I added 25 hermit crabs to help. The nitrates went up to 80ppm and the phosphates are crazy in 0.50ppm.

I believe everything is part of the reefer life, ups and downs, we just keep pounding!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back