Par increase time?

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How quickly can i increase par. Soi have viparspectra about 14" from top of water not running full intensity on both channels. Blue 100% white 35% only getting about 225 the highest in a couple spots. At 100% both channels I'm getting up to 500 par at the very top. And about 300 in the middle. How fast can i ramp up these lights. I had browning going on in SPS and finally checked par and it's gotta be due to insufficient par. All other parameters no3 15ppm-20ppm po4 .04 dkh 8.3 cal 405 mag 1370. And all pretty stable as I'm using apex dos and trident and Hanna checkers.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give a 3-5% bump up in intensity every 3 weeks and see how things look. When you see things start to color up,wait another week or 2 and see how much color is gained and go from there.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
small increments over weeks of increase par . Slow is key say 5% over two weeks min but if the coral starts looking stressed back it down and go slower.
Do you have a auto acclimation setting for your lights ?

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
small increments over weeks of increase par . Slow is key say 5% over two weeks min but if the coral starts looking stressed back it down and go slower.
Do you have a auto acclimation setting for your lights ?
I don't i have viparspectra currently. Waiting for these get to go down just a bit and grabbing one second hand lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back