PAR Readings

IXP7633

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rented a par meter from BRS, here our my results. Is this appropriate par for a mixed reef? I have two red sea 90 LEDs running at 60% Blue and 66% White. I wanted softies and LPS towards the bottom and easy SPS at the top. I know the bottoms a bit high for low light coral and the top is slightly low for high light corals, but I was hoping this would be this best compromise.

par.jpg

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your par levels are similar to mine with similar stocking planned. I also added some magnetic rock frag shelves to higher areas for coral that need more light ;)
So far my stock has been doing well, just make sure you consider the levels you posted when placing coral. My sand bed has zoas and reccordia shrooms (mid 100s). Mid level is mostly euphelia and some lower light sps like Monti and pocillipora(mid 100s to low 200s), upper tank houses acros(low to mid 200s into mid 300s). The low 300s were only achieved by adding the shelves higher up. You can also place lower light coral partially shaded by those overhangs and let them naturally acclimate by growing out into the light.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those lights also bump up to 80 blue 40 white to get the numbers up top a bit higher. You will thank me later. I run mine 100 blue 50 white. I keep a mix of low light corals all the way up to acropora and other various sps. I would suggest setting lights high for sps and then place lps and other low light corals accordingly.

DREED

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the optimal range for the blues and whites for LPS corals?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back