Pats 75 gal Oceanic

fishman1069

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gal Oceanic main tank with a DIY 20gal lng sump/fuge. Its got a Mag 7 return pump, 2 Koralia 3s and a Seaclone 100 HOB skimmer. My lighting is 260 PC which I plan on upgrading along with the skimmer as soon I have the cash to do so.Its been up and running for about 9 mnths now and Ive had my ups and downs. I lost my first Harlequin shrimp when I moved some rocks around to get a coral beauty out of the tank.I lost 2 diamond gobies because I have no top on the tank. And I finally got the Flame Angel I always wanted and he ate 2 acan frags on me:cry: Other than that Its been going allright. I do 15 gal water changes every week and I dose baked baking soda mixed with RO water evry other day. I was using Oceanic salt from the start but just switched to Red Sea coral pro. I just want to see if I notice any difference in growth and water params. I tested tonight and my results are pH 7.8,Alk 9 dkh, calc 440, trites and ammonia 0, phos 0,SG 1.026 and my trates are 20. I havent been able to get my trates down below 20. Idk why. I feed a homemade mix of shrimp,clams,scallops,flounder and freeze dried phytoplakton. I only feed twice a week max.My current stocklist is 2 sebae clowns, 1 tomato clown,1 flame angel, 2 sexy shrimp, 1 harlequin shrimp, 4 head frogspawn, 5 frags of different zoas, 1 frag of green palys, gsp, anthelia, sun coral, various shrooms, 1 head blasto frag and an H. mag anemone(which isnt doin so hot under my point of sale PC's) Thats about it for now. Lmk what you think
DSC06326.jpg

DSC06327.jpg

DSC06328.jpg

DSC06330.jpg

DSC06332.jpg

Harley.jpg

DSC06084.jpg

DSC05937.jpg

DSC05883.jpg

DSC05886.jpg

finallycycled008.jpg

Last edited:

cay85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice coraline algea on your rocks!nice flame angel. i wanted one until you said he ate some of your acans. i bought 3 sexy shrimp a year ago put them in a quarentine tank with a piece of live rock and they disapered, i never saw them again.not even a pincher. live rock was from my other tank about 3 years old.werd!!! do you still have a harlequin shrimp i have been thinking of getting one to control asterina stars

OP
OP
F

fishman1069

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx for the compliments. I think I still have my harlequin, I havent seen him in 2 weeks. Last time I saw him I threw a CC star into the tank right infront of the shrimp. Havent seen him since and the **** star is still wandering around the tank.Heres a couple of pix with the lights on. I just have to say I HATE my lights and plan on upgrading asap. First one is with flash and second w/o. I kinda suck at takin pics, so be easy on me:wink:
DSC06468.jpg

DSC06469.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back